Light-O-Rama Forums

buffering or glitch ? new this year

jimmy sartain

i am having a new problem with my lor when I play a sequence the music pauses and lights go dark (this happens sometimes and other times the music will stop and the lights stay on)either way this happens for a couple of seconds then it starts normal play for seconds, then does it again like it is buffering or something and it continues this start stop/ pause annoying mode all thru the sequence .besides being annoying it makes for very poor shows . I am using the same computer as last year and this never happened before . the only difference is i added a fifth controller this year. my computer is a hp pavilion desk top that is used just for the lor. I am probably overlooking something obvious but i am not the brightest bulb in the ole tanning bed with lor and sequencing and being new somewhat i could sure use some advice from the experts .thanks in advance for all your help on this matter

You are talking about playing the show from the sequence editor right? Do the pauses happen when the time line moves to a new page?

You can try turning off some the options on the play menu... like highlight cell or cursor. Turn off all you dont need.

If you are able to get more or faster memory for your PC it will help. Also if you scrunch the timeline so more is shown it will need to display fewer pages during one song.

This wont happen at all if you play the show from the control panel. Try putting the pausing song into a one song show and play the show from the immediate option of control panel.. you wont hear any pauses.

From a been-there, done-that perspective, I agree with Bob - it sounds like a PC resource issue. It could be that adding those sixteen extra channels made the sequences just that much bigger that you're having problems. Are you running S2 or S3? What are the specs of your PC?

thanks again for your responces,it seems that it pauses also while i'm in lor hardware just running test on lights stops chasing motion for a few seconds but lights stay on .then continues chasing and repeats stop this doesnt happen as frequent as when i am running a sequence. unless im wrong im guessing i have a computer problem. though this only happens with lor my windows media player doesnt seem to do this nor any other program besides lor thanks js

NOT SURE WHAT U MEAN BUT I TAKE IT, ITS NOT GOOD PLEASE ADVISE THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONCE AND HELP I PUT THE N IN NEWBE JUST A LOWLY ELECTRICIAN WHO WAS TAUGHT ABOUT COMPUTERS BY MY 9 YR OLD DAUGHTER.JS

hello all, thanks so much for the responces to my glitch the problem it turns out was a norton thing ,i recieve an error while trying some of your suggestions and norton error pops up tells me i have to uninstall and reinstall norton ,when i did this no more glitch ,pausing or any thing everything plays perfect not sure why but who am i to question something thats working merry christmas to you all jimmy

Jimmy, go to www.crucial.com and do a scan on your computer for memory. Upgrade the ram so you have at least 1gb. Also When you are running the show, disable norton and make sure that you do not have on any screen savers.

You have an older Celeron CPU which was a wimp when it was new :P.
Windows XP fully patched with SP3 on it uses about 300 mb at start up, so you are already upside down on ram with a slow CPU.
you have put too much time and money into your display to let a cheap thing like ram screw it up on you.