Light-O-Rama Forums

my show was working,not anymore

johnhenderson2007

okay i had the show working, new computer, new software, added sequences i purchased no problem (not very computer literate) installed the disk, then i downloaded a song from ultra shows the sequence worked but i tried to send it to simple show builder and messed everything up, i have uninstalled everthing and tried starting over, now the presequenced songs will not load says i am missing a path. the lights when i test in th hwu only one color lights up. what can i do to fix the mess i created i just want the lights to work the way they were originally. can someone help me please i am not getting any responce from support@lightorama.

Attached files All I Want For Christmas_Mariah Carey_16ChV1 (2).lms

It seems like you're dealing with a couple different issues (several might have been caused by trying to fix the first).

"downloaded a song from ultra shows the sequence worked but i tried to send it to simple show builder and messed everything up" - Sounds like (at that point) you just needed to get your show file recreated correctly. I doubt you're at that point right now though.

"uninstalled everthing and tried starting over, now the presequenced songs will not load says i am missing a path" - If you reinstalled the Light-O-Rama software, you may have changed the default directory LOR is looking for stuff in. If so, you'll need to figure out where you had everything before in order to put things back together. Then you can try running LORRegistryWipe.exe (link below), restarting the Sequence Editor and pointing it to the correct directory (that could fix a lot).
http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/LORRegistryWipe.exe

"only one color lights up" - If you didn't change any controller connections, the hardware should be fine. You have control of some lights, so you are talking to the controllers (that's a good thing). Do you have the different colors on different controllers? If so you might need to select a different controller in the hardware utility to active the other colors.

Try to stay calm. You might want to take some time to read parts of the controller manual. I believe it has info on creating sequences, shows, etc.

Good luck ;)

thanks for the reply, not sure how to put things back the way they were, the link for the registry is not working. if its any help this is the last error i got from trying to upload sequences sequence file (Animation_Filler_sequence01.las) path not found

I stool that link from an older page. LOR has redone their site recently, and I'm having a little trouble finding the RegWipe utility. You could accomplish the same thing by reinstalling LOR. But that's a little more work.

I did find some training info I wanted to post earlier. You can find it here:
http://www.lightorama.com/Documentation.html

It looks like there might be different versions of RegWipe depending on which version of LOR you are running. I'm not sure if you have upgraded to LOR version 3 or not. But here's the links I found by searching this forum.

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/2.9.4/LORRegistryWipe.exe

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.0.0/LORRegistryWipe.exe

johnhenderson2007 wrote:

thanks for the reply, not sure how to put things back the way they were, the link for the registry is not working. if its any help this is the last error i got from trying to upload sequences sequence file (Animation_Filler_sequence01.las) path not found

I don't think you want the registry wipe, you should use LORpost.exe which is located in your LOR directory. This will let you set the path for your sequences.

MikeH

One step at a time - step 1 - stay calm - or as Reg say - Don't Panic

step 2 -when you say you uninstalled everything do you mena you totally removed Lightorama from your PC? If so then the advice to run the utility that removes all the remaining elements of the Lightorama software suite from your computer is the correct action. Those are the links Reg posted.

Where are you in this process? so we can tell you the next step to take...

1st i did unistall sheild, then i did a reset on my computer thinking that setting the computer to a previous date and reinstalling would fix the issue, sadly it didnt.as of right now theprogram is installed, i have communication to the controller when testing the lights i get 1 of 8 channels to work,

John,it really sounds like most of your problems are due to the default file location getting changed when you reinstalled LOR. When that happens, the files don't get moved. They stay where they were and LOR can't find them. There is a way to fix that. But you have to figure out where the files are. Can you run Windows Explorer and find where all your sequences are?

Also, you might want to update your location in your profile. You might just get lucky and find a LOR veteran close by that's willing to stop by and try to help you in person.

as far as i know there are no sequences they wont upload. how do i run windows explorer?as i said i am not that computer literate but willing and wanting to learn.

Lets start from the begining. Because it is possible the download is corrupted. So lets make a sequence. Just click New, musical sequence. point it to a song any song, choose 16 channels. Any timeing. Then once in the sequnce highlight every channel, right click on turn them on

lets see what happens. We need to confirm LOR is set up and working properly.

Let's play it safe. Plug the lights in each of the 16 plugs. Let's make sure all channels work. Also make the sequence fade and twinkle.. we are just proving your system is functioning properly.