Light-O-Rama Forums

LOVE the new visualizer

mcompanik

I just wanted to say that I love the new visualizer.:D I hated the animator, and I ended up getting Holiday Lights Designer, but it was very buggy, and didn't support CCR's. I could go on forever listing the features that make it so much better than HLD.

Will there be a "wishlist" on the forum for it? The only thing I would like to see is an easier way to use the fixtures and props. Perhaps when you click on the "insert fixture" or "insert prop" it could link to a web page where we could download ones that users have made. This would be alot easier than scouring the forums for what you need.

I just download all the user created fixtures and props to my fixtures and props directories. That way you have much faster access than opening a web page or if you are not connected to the internet.

You can post any wishlist items you have (for now) to the board and I will see they get added. At some point in the future we'll ask that you send them to the wishlist email, but for now I am keeping track of all of them.

We thought about a lot of ways to distribute fixtures and props and decided that the best thing to do was the forum post. I do like your suggestion of a web page (ala the Microsoft Office 'Office online'). I've added that to the wishlist as well!

I'm in love with the new visualizer. I was going to wait until next year to really play with the new S3 features an focus on this year.

But last night I pulled it up just for fun and was fixated on how easy (and fun) it was to set it up. Before I knew it I had my whole display going and it looks great!!!!

Thanks LOR. Makes up for the fact that I didn't win the contest for the 32-channel category.

DevMike wrote:

You can post any wishlist items you have (for now) to the board and I will see they get added. At some point in the future we'll ask that you send them to the wishlist email, but for now I am keeping track of all of them.

We thought about a lot of ways to distribute fixtures and props and decided that the best thing to do was the forum post. I do like your suggestion of a web page (ala the Microsoft Office 'Office online'). I've added that to the wishlist as well!

Any chance you could just add all the props/elements into a single zip file. then you can just download one file and get them all. Then whenever more people add new props. you could just make a a new version of the zip file.

Zips could be organized into categories. Ie. Trees, wire frames, snowflakes, Halloween, etc.

Just a suggestion.

We have to keep things easy for me and the board admins. Merging messages together only takes a couple of seconds vs trying to keep up with multiple zip files and lists of things in them.

DevMike wrote:

We have to keep things easy for me

Easy for you???

I think you are getting soft....

Doesn't Mary already BRING you your daily ration of bread crumbs?

:(

To me, Yes. She treats us like royalty compared to the rest of the people that work there. Have you seen the size of the whip?

I'm just looking out for my fellow co-workers. Those poor admins wouldn't stand a chance if we didn't protect them.

:(

DevMike wrote:

Dan is going to be mighty upset that you posted his pic.

.... and then Mary will use the whip on us.

Thanks Jeff.

Come on Mike...we all know you like it when Mary uses the whip!!! :(

jimswinder wrote:

DevMike wrote:
Dan is going to be mighty upset that you posted his pic.

.... and then Mary will use the whip on us.

Thanks Jeff.

Come on Mike...we all know you like it when Mary uses the whip!!!  :(

Customers are treated differently than Developers.