Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega tree wizard

mbettez

I'm trying to build a mega tree in the visualizer. I have 64 channels, 16 strings around the tree each with red, green, blue, and white channels. I'm having trouble creating this in the visualizer with the wizard. Any tips. Also, will there ever be support for weber tree spiral strings on the mega tree wizard?

What problem are you having specifically? Have you read through the help documentation to see how Fixtures/Props/Channels/etc all relate together?

The 'Webber Tree' is already on the wishlist. You may also want to look at the props attachment at the top of this board to see if there is one in there already.

The problem I am having is in the channel naming. Each fixture has 4 color channels and when I use the channel wizard it arranges them as 1st fixture is channel 1,2,3,4 from controller 1 for the 4 colors. The way I have things wired is controller 1 controls all red, controller 2 controls all green, etc. I guess I'll just have to manually change the channel assignments for the tree.

yes, the tree has 16 bundles, each bundle is a string of red, green, blue, white zip tied together. I think I am going to remove the white from the bundles and create weber spirals with them but this is a different matter.

I have my MT built exactly the same way as mbettez.. 4 controllers, each one a diff color.. Jeff, did you draw several MT's and overlay them on each other(each a diff color) or did you have to draw a 64string tree and manually assign the channel/color strings?

Trees (when possible) should always be created as they physically are. For example, if you have 16 'areas' that can be controlled (regardless of the number of channels), create a 16 string tree.

Now go into each fixture (string), and assign the 4 channels. You won't be able to use the channel wizard (since it want's consecutive channels).

ok, I guess I'm still not understanding how you're making a 16 SuperString tree with 16 Reds, 16 Greens, 16 Blues, & 16 Whites.. are you making 4 MT's in the same spot, overlaying them, or are you making a 64 string MegaTree and assignings/labeling each string to each respective controller/channel?

using the mega tree wizard create a tree with 16 strings using whatever size, order, layout you have. Click OK. Select create new fixture for every bundle, click ok. Go to third tab over, wizards. Select run channel wizard. Select normal, next. Select new, next. Change number of repeating channels to whatever you have, in your case it would be 4. Click on each box and select the color. click next. Select controller device type, next. choose how you want the software to number the channels, I use automatic. Choose the controller to start with and click ok. That's it. You will have 16 strings with 4 colors each for a total of 64 channels.

I cant figure out how to add the colors on the Mega Tree Wizard.I have the Tree set up, 16 bundles, with 3 colors, I for the life of me cant figure out how to get the colors associated with the strings...any help..I'll keep playing with it, but when I go to properties like I did with every other thing I"ve done...it allows me to name it and color selection. but not the tree

thevikester wrote:

I cant figure out how to add the colors on the Mega Tree Wizard.I have the Tree set up, 16 bundles, with 3 colors, I for the life of me cant figure out how to get the colors associated with the strings...any help..I'll keep playing with it, but when I go to properties like I did with every other thing I"ve done...it allows me to name it and color selection. but not the tree

Ahhhhh, figured it out..

I did the channel wizard, but really don't like the way that came out as it was running some of the W & G, when t should have been just Red, I need consecutive 1=16 Red 1-16 White etc.....Can someone who has done it the tedious way, assigning each channel give me some direction I'm using R W G 16 channels each for 48 channels...THanks in Advance.

mbettez wrote:

no real easy way. I just made a mega tree with 64 channels then went thru and manually changed all the channels.[/quote
Yup...I figured that out...literally every fixture or bundle needed to be changed, works like a dream now...glad I didnt have more than 48 channels..

Its not that hard to draw..

Try 64 channels 16 slices with 2 strings each...pretty much everything of mine is Red, Green, Blue and white.

Attached files 271457=15006-layout 2011.jpg

Some of you have stumbled on one of the things the Channel Wizard can't do: make it easy to assign channels in EVERY case.

The channel wizard assumes that you wire stuff in 'location' order and not 'color' order. IE, when it assigns channels it does so by incrementing the channel number (and the unit number as needed), not the other way around.

If you are a color-order kind of person, you'll have to manually wire (assign) the channels for each fixture. Yes, it takes a little bit of time, but you only have to do it once.

I'll put something on the wishlist about going in color order. I don't know if we'll be able to pull it off however.

DevMike wrote:

Some of you have stumbled on one of the things the Channel Wizard can't do: make it easy to assign channels in EVERY case.

The channel wizard assumes that you wire stuff in 'location' order and not 'color' order. IE, when it assigns channels it does so by incrementing the channel number (and the unit number as needed), not the other way around.

If you are a color-order kind of person, you'll have to manually wire (assign) the channels for each fixture. Yes, it takes a little bit of time, but you only have to do it once.

I'll put something on the wishlist about going in color order. I don't know if we'll be able to pull it off however.

Ahhhgggg the channel wizard. :shock:;):)

Seems like someone mentioned this very thing before.;)

I also have a mega tree that is 24 strings x 4 colors for a total of 96 channels that had to be assigned manually.

The visualizer is awesome. Even if you have to assign your channels manually its worth it.:cool:

If I hooked up my display the "correct" ;)way the the channel wizard would have no problems.:shock: BTW... This is an inside joke. Its funny so just laugh at it.:D

I agree, sure it took me 15-20 minutes to redo all the channel assignments but big deal. It would have taken me forever to do it with the old animation and would never look nearly as good.

I can tell ya the problem.

It's supposed to be Red, White, Blue THEN green.

I get a little patriotic when it comes to R,W,B in the color mix of things.

Okay, press on...

Santas Helper wrote:

I can tell ya the problem.

It's supposed to be Red, White, Blue THEN green.

I get a little patriotic when it comes to R,W,B in the color mix of things.

Okay, press on...

LOL.. That would also be 'wrong'.:)