Light-O-Rama Forums

Purchasing LED strings

WiggyHD

Where do you all get your single color light strings for a decent price? The ones I have are all multicolor that I bought at Wallyworld at the day after Christmas sale. I have searched online, but I have only found them at $18-$24 per string! 50 bulbs on one string for that much, I don't know how people do it?

Also, I know I was just griping about cost, but I have seen displays on here with what seem to be color changing strings. Not the CCR's, but what look like led strings. For instance, folks have trees that change color without looking like strings changing to a different strings of a diifferent color. If I am seeing right, where do you get those?

THANKS!
Mark

I think most are using multiple strings, like one green one red and one blue,then you would need three channels to control them

Well your about 9 months late for this year. Starting next year late Jan or so CDI starts their pre order sale. Great product, great prices. But the only drawback is that he only sells in dozen boxes. I would love to find someone in the St. Louis, MO area that would like to split boxes with now and then. Others will also promote their products on sale usually in the spring and a few at other points in the year. A good number of us will say that Paul at CDI stands behind his sales. If you dont go to Planet Christmas from time to time. You wont hear about these sales unless someone here on LOR mentions it.

Paul at CDI always starts a thread on every decorating forum when he has his presale. No need for Planet Christmas, Paul and all the other reputable vendors are members here and make their own posts.

Guest wbottomley

JBullard wrote:

Paul at CDI always starts a thread on every decorating forum when he has his presale. No need for Planet Christmas, Paul and all the other reputable vendors are members here and make their own posts.

Ditto!

I bought from CDI in the presale, but for misc small numbers (you have to buy cases from CDI) I really like these folks. I bought a lot from them, and their prices are good.

http://www.holiday-light-express.com/

They are fast shipping, great customer service, and a good guarantee.

In fact, I have an order about to arrive any day.. :D

CDI also has a clearance section. Last year or earlier this year I got some for around 8-9 ea, and it was a partial case somehow. If you search a little on their site you can score nice little deals like that. And everyone Ive dealt with was always very nice.

paulanator wrote:

....I really like these folks. I bought a lot from them, and their prices are good.

Hi Paulanator,

Have you ever had to use their guarantee?
Have you used any of the same from holiday-lights-express.com lights multiple seasons? Two? Three? Four? More?

Have you ever used their replacement policy? (They will replace first year, give you 50% discount towards replacements the second year, and 25% discount towards replacement the third year?)

If so, have you found that they are easy to work with in the replacement procedure?

Thanks so much for your help!
LORi

paulanator wrote:

I bought from CDI in the presale, but for misc small numbers (you have to buy cases from CDI) I really like these folks. I bought a lot from them, and their prices are good.

In fact, I have an order about to arrive any day.. :)
I have used these guys and Novelty-lights with a great deal of success. always on time and what few issues i had were resolved quickly.

LORi P wrote:

paulanator wrote:
....I really like these folks. I bought a lot from them, and their prices are good.

Hi Paulanator,

Have you ever had to use their guarantee?
Have you used any of the same from holiday-lights-express.com lights multiple seasons? Two? Three? Four? More?

Have you ever used their replacement policy? (They will replace first year, give you 50% discount towards replacements the second year, and 25% discount towards replacement the third year?)

If so, have you found that they are easy to work with in the replacement procedure?

Thanks so much for your help!
LORi

Lori,

I have a string that I have sitting here that had one section go out after the Christmas season, and I need to get it back to them. I will let you know how it goes.

That is the only string out of about 200 that had any issues.

I have heard of others having no problems with the returns. I have just been so busy, I always put it off, and for one string... :)

Paul

WiggyHD wrote:

Where do you all get your single color light strings for a decent price? The ones I have are all multicolor that I bought at Wallyworld at the day after Christmas sale. I have searched online, but I have only found them at $18-$24 per string! 50 bulbs on one string for that much, I don't know how people do it?

Also, I know I was just griping about cost, but I have seen displays on here with what seem to be color changing strings. Not the CCR's, but what look like led strings. For instance, folks have trees that change color without looking like strings changing to a different strings of a diifferent color. If I am seeing right, where do you get those?

THANKS!
Mark

Sign up for the catalogs and emails from CDI. Right now Paul has been doing some clearance sales on different things. Don't know what he's gonna be putting up, but it doesn't hurt, pkus you'll be notified for next years sale