Light-O-Rama Forums

moving LOR

bobschm

I've been writing sequences on a desktop, and I've decided to run my shows from a nice Win7 laptop instead. What's involved in moving everything over? Is it legal to run LOR on both so I can continue sequence design on the desktop? Do I need to install everything on the laptop?

Off Topic: What happens in a power failure? Can I program Win7 to boot up the show when power is restored? Will it remember time of day?

Boston Bob

Yes, you get 5 seats with your licence. can be used on 5 different computers.

Yes, you need to install everything on the second computer. Don't know about the other questions.

Hi Bob, it's a laptop so it will run on battery for at least an hour. Once the battery is gone, it will go to hibernate and turn off. Once power is restored, someone needs to press the power button, the computer will then pick up from where it left off.

Make sure everything is in the same location on each computer.

Laptop will stay off until you power it back on.

Bob, If you are leaving the laptop online, I'd recommend you also go to logmin.com and create a free account. once set up, you will be able to remote control the computer from anywhere on the Internet. This way you will be able to remotely check in, and do the emergency reboot if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

WHat about a Showtime Director? Has an onboard clock for time of day. Would that pick up where it left off in the middle of a show? Or would it pick up where the clock says to?

Boston Bob

bobschm wrote:

I'm not worried. What are the chances there will be a power failure while I'm away visiting relatives....:shock:

Bob
What are the chances? That depends on how many lights you connect to cause the black out! ;)