Light-O-Rama Forums

Shimmer / Flicker RGB channels

khawes

I noticed an interesting effect in the visualizer. When I open up an RGB channel and set all three R,G & B channels to shimmer or flicker, copied it to the rest of the string (will be using CCBs) that when played back I get a shimmering/flickering of random colors instead of just white.

I'm thinking this is cool, bit I can see how others might think that it is not because they wanted a white flicker.

What is the real world behavior? Is is possible to do both?

I'm 99% sure that a shimmer will be white (with an exception, see below), and a twinkle will be random black, white, red, green, blue, cyan, yellow, and magenta.

The exception for shimmer is if the RGB pixel is split across multiple controllers, for example, the blue component of an RGB ribbon connected to one DC controller, and the red and green connected to a different DC controller.

Yes, I noticed the 'problem' with twinkle last year with RGB devices. I want to be able to twinkle only the color I chose. This was added to the wish list, but I don't see a tool added into S3 that will allow this.

Paul Roberson wrote:

Yes, I noticed the 'problem' with twinkle last year with RGB devices. I want to be able to twinkle only the color I chose.

You can! (... as long as the color you choose is red, green, or blue.) ;)

Steven wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
Yes, I noticed the 'problem' with twinkle last year with RGB devices. I want to be able to twinkle only the color I chose.

You can! (... as long as the color you choose is red, green, or blue.) :D

Not without expanding the RGB channels.;) Why should I have to do that.:shock::?

Clarification:

I wanted/want to be able to twinkle 50 RGB channels (now over 1000 RGB) in red or green or blue or white, without having to expand any of them. There is not way to apply a twinkle command to a closed RGB channel and it be anything but ALL different colors.

I can expand the group and make a red (or blue or green) twinkle if I want, but there is no possible way (that I know of) to make a white twinkle on an RGB channel.

Paul Roberson wrote:

but there is no possible way (that I know of) to make a white twinkle on an RGB channel.
You can simulate it by switching to a fixed timing grid (of about .03), setting the current tool to "On" and clicking randomly throughout the channels. I'm sure ItsMeBobO could write a tool to do that.

Steven wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
but there is no possible way (that I know of) to make a white twinkle on an RGB channel.
You can simulate it by switching to a fixed timing grid (of about .03), setting the current tool to "On" and clicking randomly throughout the channels. I'm sure ItsMeBobO could write a tool to do that.

But! Why should we have to do that?