Light-O-Rama Forums

Making a Mega/Sprial Tree with CCB's this Year?

jimswinder

How are you going to string the lights?

Straight up and down and manipulate the Spiral Tree in the sequencer?

Or Spiral the CCB's and manipulate the Mega Tree in the sequencer?

Paul Roberson wrote:

First, find some place that has CCBs for sale.:shock:;):P

Sorry...I can't/don't/won't sweat the LITTLE details like that!!

jimswinder wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
First, find some place that has CCBs for sale.:shock:;):P

Sorry...I can't/don't/won't sweat the LITTLE details like that!!

LOL!!!!!

I say hang them up and down. You can use 'groups' to put the CCB channels in an order to make the 'spiral' easier to program.

Is the mega going to be just high enough for a 50 bulb string or do you have to have the controller hanging in the middle of the tree?

Paul Roberson wrote:

I say hang them up and down. You can use 'groups' to put the CCB channels in an order to make the 'spiral' easier to program.

*That's what I was going to do..but knowing how I usually do things the hard way and backwards, thought I would see how everyone else was planning on doing it.*

Is the mega going to be just high enough for a 50 bulb string or do you have to have the controller hanging in the middle of the tree?

*Yep..just one 50bulb string..so about 23 to 25 feet tall**

• 5 months later...

What are CCB's?

I have a 10 ft MegaTree in my display already and want to add spirals around it this year. How do I get started with that?

I am figuring 8 strings of lights starting on the front of the tree and then 8 strings of lights starting on the back of the megatree. Does that sound right? Is there a better way?

Advise? suggestions please.

Thanks.

James

jamesvh724 wrote:

What are CCB's?

**Cosmic Color Bulbs...same concept as a CCR, but the LED's are encased inside bulbs about the size of C6 bulbs.**

I am figuring 8 strings of lights starting on the front of the tree and then 8 strings of lights starting on the back of the megatree. Does that sound right? Is there a better way?

**I would start the 16 strings at equal distance all around the top of your tree and end at 16 different points at the bottom of your tree...again at equal distance apart.**

Jim as I see it no matter how you do it programming for it will be tricky. If you spiral them it will be interesteting to see how to make straight lines. If you make straight lines how to make it appear as a weber.

To make it a mega from a weber design the numbers would be something crazy like 1,4,7,10,14 if the spacing is 3 bulbs as an example.

We will see how your curse plays out on this one.

GoofyGuy wrote:

Jim as I see it no matter how you do it programming for it will be tricky. If you spiral them it will be interesteting to see how to make straight lines. If you make straight lines how to make it appear as a weber.

To make it a mega from a weber design the numbers would be something crazy like 1,4,7,10,14 if the spacing is 3 bulbs as an example.

We will see how your curse plays out on this one.

I didn't read it as he was adding CCB's to do the spiral...but just adding regular strings...but I could be wrong...

GoofyGuy wrote:

Actually...was going to group my CCB's like this to achieve the Spiral effect:

Attached files 306632=16815-CCB Sprial.JPG

jimswinder wrote:

GoofyGuy wrote:
Actually...was going to group my CCB's like this to achieve the Spiral effect:

That is going to be impressive Jim. I would assume you have been planning this for some time by that layout. Cant wait to see it in action! To thats verticle lines of CCB or Smart strip and that would be the grouping for sprials. Thats just amazing Jim really it is.

For some reason when I read it as he was making a tree and wanted to know how to setup for 1 or the other but do both effects. Too early for me it would seem.

GoofyGuy wrote:

That is going to be impressive Jim. I would assume you have been planning this for some time by that layout. Cant wait to see it in action! To thats verticle lines of CCB or Smart strip and that would be the grouping for sprials. Thats just amazing Jim really it is.

and when I say "Group", I mean in the S3 Editor...the actual CCB's will be hanging straight up and down...

planning ever since they first said they were going to have CCB's... :P

jimswinder wrote:

GoofyGuy wrote:

and when I say "Group", I mean in the S3 Editor...the actual CCB's will be hanging straight up and down...

I like that you can have channels in many groups so your makes a lot of sense as 1 group will be for weber effects, 1 group for mega tree but both will have all the same channels just ordered differently. Once again great work Jim cant wait to see it in action. Heck at this point I would like to just see a snipet of the sequence!

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

GoofyGuy wrote:

Thats a lot of planning at least a year or so, have you also tried option 2 in your plan, where the lights are laying on the ground to see how the spiral effect will look :P:P:P will you ever live that down Jim?? :D

Don Gillespie wrote:

will you ever live that down Jim?? :P

I live it "down" everyday my display is "up" (or "down"..depending what day it is)... :P

GoofyGuy wrote:

Heck at this point I would like to just see a snipet of the sequence!

yeah...so would I !!!!

Haven't sequenced anything yet...hopefully this summer after they start selling the CCB's...

And YES...I have heard from Dan that that is their plan...

jimswinder wrote:

GoofyGuy wrote:
Heck at this point I would like to just see a snipet of the sequence!

yeah...so would I !!!!

Haven't sequenced anything yet...hopefully this summer after they start selling the CCB's...

And YES...I have heard from Dan that that is their plan...

So would it be safe to say your looking forward to the 1.31 implementation as well. Your looking at 6 univereses alone for your mega tree. Still going to be a show stopper, infinite colors and effects 30 feet in the air, for most of the time.

GoofyGuy wrote:

Your looking at 6 univereses alone for your mega tree.

How do you figure?

It will only be 24 strands of 50 ct CCB's...which I believe to be the equivalent of 12 CCR's...so really only 2 more Networks at the most...

Unless I am missing something...

24 strand of 50 ccbs, each ccb is 3 channels correct RGB? So 50x24x3 equal 3600 channels, each universe is 512 channels, and writting that last sentance just answered my question. Your not using DMX. Never mind Im just lost in my setup. Still a huge channel count!

I should be one of those guys that everyone ignores, or perhaps I am.

GoofyGuy wrote:

24 strand of 50 ccbs, each ccb is 3 channels correct RGB? So 50x24x3 equal 3600 channels, each universe is 512 channels, and writting that last sentance just answered my question. Your not using DMX. Never mind Im just lost in my setup. Still a huge channel count!

I should be one of those guys that everyone ignores, or perhaps I am.

yeah...I figured you thought I was using DMX...

can you use LOR's CCR's and CCB's as DMX?