Light-O-Rama Forums

Interactive Group Question

JHolmes

Greetings!

I have been figuring out how to get the most out of the Show Editor and have come across an idea that is not listed in the manual.

I have some animated wireframes that I want to trigger.
Let's use the "Basketball Santa" as an example.

If I setup a background sequence that has Santa simply dribbling the ball and then I setup an interactive sequence that allows a kid to push a button and make santa shoot the ball into the basket, will the background sequence take over again once the interactive sequence finishes?

What about if I have animations running in the background sequences and then I trigger a full-show musical sequence. Do those take priority or will I start to get competition over channels? and will it reset to background when finished?

I believe that it will run both sequences at the same time, creating unexpected results.

If I remember correctly, the background sequence and the active musical or amimation sequence can not address the same comtroller/channel. I seem to remember back when I first started in 2006, I had a background sequence that turned on my FM sign. I also had the sign configured in all of my sequences. I found that the sign would not work at all until I removed it from the musical sequences, and only addressed it in the background sequence.

HTH

D.T.

P.S. - Jeff, you should have remembered that...

That's what I needed to know!
I saw the "magic toy" sequence option but found the description confusing.
It doesn't say what "mode" the magic toy goes into after the button has been pushed.

I want there to be an "idle" mode but can't figure out how that works with the Toy setting.

• 4 months later...

Have you found a way to solve this? I'd like to do a similar thing and can't seem to find any combination of "interactive groups" or types of interactive groups that will make this happen.

Anybody out there been successful at something like this?

• 2 weeks later...

I am running an animation sequence to keep my mege tree on and an interactive sequence starts when a button is pushed. How do I get the animation sequence to come back on after the interactive sequence is done?

Try telling LOR to turn on the Mega Tree at the end of your interactive sequence, and then uncheck "turn lights off at the end of the sequence".

That should work, unless you actually wanted an ANIMATION to run.

Ugh. S2 and S3 have a LOT to be desired when it comes to interactivity.

RyanWPowers wrote:

Try telling LOR to turn on the Mega Tree at the end of your interactive sequence, and then uncheck "turn lights off at the end of the sequence".

Send your desires for S3 interactivity to wishlist@lightorama.com

RyanWPowers wrote:

That just turns on the channels used in the Interactive Sequence, not the animation sequence I want.

That is correct. That's what I said - it won't run an animation - but it will allow you to turn on specific channels and keep them on until the next time somebody pushes the button.

There is currently no way to do what you're looking to do. Not one that I was able to figure out anyway. And I've been messing with the interactive groups for two different projects for about two weeks now.

Paul - no offense, but every time I've ever submitted suggestions over the years (even ones that a flood of forum members all agree are useful ideas) none have ever made it in to a release. Granted, I've never done this with regards to interactive groups specifically, but it gets to a point where I don't feel like there's any point in emailing ideas.

RyanWPowers wrote:

That is correct. That's what I said - it won't run an animation - but it will allow you to turn on specific channels and keep them on until the next time somebody pushes the button.

There is currently no way to do what you're looking to do. Not one that I was able to figure out anyway. And I've been messing with the interactive groups for two different projects for about two weeks now.

Paul - no offense, but every time I've ever submitted suggestions over the years (even ones that a flood of forum members all agree are useful ideas) none have ever made it in to a release. Granted, I've never done this with regards to interactive groups specifically, but it gets to a point where I don't feel like there's any point in emailing ideas.

None taken!:cool: I feel the same way sometimes, but that is the vehicle put in place to make suggestions.

So I was out tonight putting up some more lights and I noticed about 15 min after the interactive button was pushed and sequence was over the animation sequence would come back on. It happened several times....hummmmm :shock: