Light-O-Rama Forums

Frames for Singing Pumpkin Faces

Tracy West

Yes they are rope lights but I just used basic rope lights from Home Depot. I bought LED rope for the outline of the house and castle but used these for my faces.

They come is different sizes ranging from 2ft to 24 feet. I created the face pieces and then if I had any extra sections I took black electrical tape and "blackened" them out.

The only strand lights I am using is inside the eyes to make a POP of color on certain areas of song sequences.

Thanks a lot Tracy. Getting my supplies today. Also, forgot to ask but do any of you have this is halloween or thriller sequences for your singing pumpkins. That would be great, thanks.

Got my first one done and have gotten over my initial fear of cutting rope light and putting on connectors. Here is 1.0, needs a few tweeks but a good start:

pumpkin.jpg

That looks Great Caniac! :cool:

I hit a snag on my big face. I ran out of red LED strands for my inside eyes. I had to order some more! :shock: I have one eye completed and a half of an eye to go! More zip ties.. yeah?! :?

Tracy West wrote:

That looks Great Caniac! :cool:

I hit a snag on my big face. I ran out of red LED strands for my inside eyes. I had to order some more! :shock: I have one eye completed and a half of an eye to go! More zip ties.. yeah?! :?

monoprice.com is your best friend for zip ties!!

Oh. I have plenty of zip ties.... it is the tying down 16 strands of lights through small chicken wire is what fun I am having! It has taken far more time and energy than I ever expected.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy..... except maybe my ex-wife! :D

Tracy West wrote:

Oh. I have plenty of zip ties.... it is the tying down 16 strands of lights through small chicken wire is what fun I am having! It has taken far more time and energy than I ever expected.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy..... except maybe my ex-wife! :D
ok, our secret is 2" x 3" cattle wire. A bit more sturdier/stiffer, less effort cutting. Comes in 4' x 50' rolls. a lot easier to attach.

It was not attaching the chicken wire... It was sticking individual red LED lights in each of the chicken wire holes and zip tying them down is the long painful process that I would not wish on anybody.... again except my ex-wife!

Tracy West wrote:

It was not attaching the chicken wire... It was sticking individual red LED lights in each of the chicken wire holes and zip tying them down is the long painful process that I would not wish on anybody.... again except my ex-wife!
ok, now i see. you are a brave man.

I would not say I was a brave man.... more like a oh !@#$ man! What was I thinking! :shock:

Attached files 259517=14369-DSCN2200.JPG

You have to look upside down to see the lights!

This is tough, but I got this one eye completely done and now I have about 6 strands to put on the other eye.

OH BOY!! :shock:

Attached files 259573=14375-DSCN2201.JPG

I am doing 4 faces as well. I am setting it up at my parents house as where I live no trick or treaters. Their friends have a lot of white mini lights for christmas so I am going to borrow the lights. For the faces I decided to go with 4' x 4' 1/4" triply with 2 x 4 frame along the sides leaving enough to attach to the facsia.

I will draw my faces and drill holes about every inch and stick the mini lights through the holes much like Coro. Three faces will be 4' x 4' and the forth will be 6' x 4' it will be the main singing face. The 4x4 sheets were $8.00 and the full 8x4 sheet that will be cut to 6x4 cost $12.00. 2x4x96 studs at $1.78 x 5 of them. Pretty cheap and sturdy.

I finally finished Big Bertha!

This project with the red eyes about tested my faith!

I am now completely finished with my faces and castle. I just have two more sequences to finished and a handfull of little projects before build up and production in October!

Attached files 260754=14451-DSCN2213.JPG

looks great!! was going to do 4 faces myself but at the last minute I took the 5 x 5 frame (the 6 x 6 did get done as a pumpkin) and looked at the better half and said "this would be a cool singing Christmas tree". got in green red and white rope light this past week and we finished it yesterday afternoon. looks great.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my completed spiderweb and frame. :D

If I said I was sick of zip ties.... THAT WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT! :shock:

But it is now all completed and I am now moving Halloween stuff into the garage for final prep before the Halloween show! :cool:

Attached files 263000=14572-spiderweb 1.JPG