Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence with a Spiral tree (Weber Tree)

timmy

I would love if someone would be willing to share any sequences they have completed that have a spiral tree in them. I am attempting to add a spiral tree this year and am having a hard time grasping the concept of timings with this tree. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Timmy.

I have one...

click on the sequence link in my signature and download "Sandstorm"...

you can also view the video by clicking on the video link in my signature.

Another good idea is to download yourself a good Weber tree visualization to use while sequencing. There have been a few good ones posted on these pages. (Jim will provide the link shortly) You'll find they're actually easier to sequence than they might appear.

George Simmons wrote:

There have been a few good ones posted on these pages. (Jim will provide the link shortly)

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=25064&forum_id=77&highlight=spiral+visualizer

sorry it took so long... :P

and this from Georges' Tips and Tricks Thread:

George had asked me to post this on drawing a spiral tree in the visualizer.
I am also attaching my 16 channel spiral sequence which I posted in another topic.

As for drawing your own what I did was take a picture of my spiral, strand by strand and then loaded each picture of a strand as the background image, drew the lights then loaded the next one, etc. (this will be time consuming but makes a world of difference in sequencing).
One suggestion I have if you do that is to use a different color each time you draw one of the strands (all the dots start to run together), once done you can then change them all to the same color.
If you have a video of a spiral tree you like you could download it's video and screen capture each strand and do the same thing I did above.
I hope this makes sense.

Here is a short video of the spiral in the visualizer

and here's a short video of the actual trees in the display

Attachment: spiral sample 16 channels updated.las (Downloaded 30 times)

Thanks for the quick help. I used your drawing idea to get it in my animator Jim. I am trying to have the three colors on the tree. This will use 48 channels? I want to be able to match the rest of my display as it changes from blue, white, and multi.

Many have ask, how do you program a spiral tree? My answer, is the same as a regular mega tree with the same number of points, mine have 16 each. This can be seen in a video that I have on VIMEO that shows a mega tree and a spiral tree that has the same programming, it was a copy and paste from one to the other without any changes. Here is that link:

http://vimeo.com/18111061

Earle

EARLE W. TALLEY wrote:

Many have ask, how do you program a spiral tree? My answer, is the same as a regular mega tree with the same number of points, mine have 16 each. This can be seen in a video that I have on VIMEO that shows a mega tree and a spiral tree that has the same programming, it was a copy and paste from one to the other without any changes. Here is that link:

http://vimeo.com/18111061

Earle

hmmmm...very interesting!!

Would it depend on how you set up your channel configuration for each tree... (ie...all colors together vs Quad 1 r, g, b, w; Quad 2, r g, b, w, etc)?