Light-O-Rama Forums

Seasonal Entertainment Spot lights

Dan C

Thought I would share my new spot lights that I ordered from Seasonal Entertainment. I ordered 10 of these spots to use on my garage. I could not afford the extra $30 ea. for the aluminum enclosures they sell. I'm sure they are very nice enclosures and they are waterproof, however for my needs, they don't have to be. They will all be mounted on the underside of a soffit, or under my garage door header. Plus the size of the aluminum enclosures did not really fit.

I needed more of a Puck light style that I can just velcro to the soffit. So here is what I came up with.

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Here are some test shots.

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

The last shot is a little washed out. but its all lights on full brightness. (White)

IMG_0999.jpg

Dan C wrote:

Thought I would share my new spot lights that I ordered from Seasonal Entertainment. I ordered 10 of these spots to use on my garage. I could not afford the extra $30 ea. for the aluminum enclosures they sell. I'm sure they are very nice enclosures and they are waterproof, however for my needs, they don't have to be. They will all be mounted on the underside of a soffit, or under my garage door header. Plus the size of the aluminum enclosures did not really fit.

I needed more of a Puck light style that I can just velcro to the soffit. So here is what I came up with.

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Here are some test shots.

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

The last shot is a little washed out. but its all lights on full brightness. (White)

IMG_0999.jpg

Nice. :)

I used laser cut 2 1/4"dia. clear plexi disks for the front and back. The sides are clear plexi tube that I cut down to 3/8" slices. I made two halves per light. Then to hold them together I used some white vinyl. It's a little to thin so I'm going to try and find some thicker stuff or make several layers with what I have.

I held the board in place with some small dabs of hot glue.
If I ever need to work on the light or replace an led, I simply cut the vinyl to separate the two halves and then cut out hot glue.

Basically each enclosure ends up costing me just about $3 each and a little assembly time.

• 2 months later...

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Dan, is there a RJ45 on the back of that or did you solder the cable to the board?

TJ, you solder the pigtails or what ever you want to the back.

Attached files 249693=13551-IMG_0512.JPG

Greg, just trying to gather my nickels together to order abt 10 Wall Runners.. I was going to go with RFloods under the eaves, but I'm likin' the Runners better.. and I'm trying to figure a way to put them in flower beds facing the block wall in the backyard.. I've got RFloods there now but the light isnt spread enough..

Brick walls definitely disrupt the light. Ruins the colors and doesn't smooth things too well. It is a flaw of the majority of flood lights :D

Additionally, Greg, any thot to having traces for RJ45's mounted right to the back of the boards, like the RFloods or Runners? would save having to get pigtails-to-RJ jacks for each.. just a thot..

• The topic was locked