Light-O-Rama Forums

Video is not full screen randomly.

BrownOut

BrownOut wrote:

Actionp wrote:
If you are trying to run it through the software, you need to go to view, then show video, then full screen.

But it may come down to the video card. You can have an expensive Sony desktop that has a dual monitor video card. However, the software running it is cranky. It depends on which monitor is hooked up when the computer is turned on, etc. However, the Nvidea video card’s software allows you to designate the monitor that will play video “full screen”. This is a simple method of overcoming a recurring problem. By using the Nvidea brand of video cards, you take the guess work out of the computer you use. Almost any old or even rebuilt computer will suffice now and all you have to do is replace the video card. But if you are using a lap top, you may want to check your video software and see if there are any issues within the software. This is why I use a desktop for my show. I seem to have better control on the hardware and software, and my videos work great, especially the video card.
The software settings are set to "show video" and "full screen". Both of my computers have NVIDIA graphic adapters. My Lenovo is a ThinkStation S20 with a NVIDIA Quadro NVS290 card. I have tried many video driver settings and multiple driver versions. I have also tried different codecs and settings in Windows Media Player.

I think I am going to wait for the latest release of the LOR software and hope for the best.

-logan

I also have an NVidia on my desktop computer with the settings as you have described them.

MikeH

Then, it is my opnion that you have something set wrong within the video setups between video 1 and video 2. I do not think it is a lor software issue. If you cannot get the video software to work correctly. 1st do a update, if this does not work, then delete, and reinstall. Then redo the settings for 1 and 2. It may be a pain, but its a matter of elimination now. Lastly, your video card may have a issue, and you may have to replace the card

Actionp wrote:

Then, it is my opnion that you have something set wrong within the video setups between video 1 and video 2. I do not think it is a lor software issue. If you cannot get the video software to work correctly. 1st do a update, if this does not work, then delete, and reinstall. Then redo the settings for 1 and 2. It may be a pain, but its a matter of elimination now. Lastly, your video card may have a issue, and you may have to replace the card

Please check my first post to this thread. I have it installed on two computers with a clean install of Windows on both. Also another user has had the same issue after updating to the latest software version.

I think I see the issue. Your video card appears to have only one video connector. If this is the case, are you using 2 different video cards. One for each video. If so, this is the problem. You need a video card that has 2 video slots. I bet if you have 2 different cards they are fightly each other

BrownOut wrote:

Actionp wrote:

Please check my first post to this thread. I have it installed on two computers with a clean install of Windows on both. Also another user has had the same issue after updating to the latest software version.

Don't think it's a video card issue. With at least 3 different computers using 3 different NVidia video cards having the almost the same problem. The only thing we have in common is the S2 software. Now you may be right about settings. I'll have to take a look at the video formats when I get home.

MikeH

Your Video card must have a display driver installed in order to do anything but the most basic drawing to the screen. If you're having any problems with your video card, one of the first things you should do is download the latest display driver, uninstall the current display driver, and then install the new driver you downloaded. This can make lots of problems disappear. There is no point in spending time trying to trace down the cause of video card problems until you've completed this initial step. Removing your old driver and installing a new one gets you all the latest bug fixes. It can also solve problems with damaged display driver installations. Even if you are already running the latest driver then you should uninstall it and then reinstall it. That assures that your display driver is installed properly and that none of it has been damaged. On occasion, you may find that your problem is solved by running an older driver rather than the latest one. Rolling back to a previous driver is more likely to help if you have an older video card, but if you want to be thorough you can also try this for newer video cards. Always remember to uninstall your current display driver before installing one. If you don't uninstall first then you can sometimes cause some pretty obscure problems.

Go to ths page for instructions on how to remove you drivers http://www.playtool.com/pages/uninstallgraphics/uninstall.html

Then this page shows how to reinstall http://www.playtool.com/pages/installgraphics/install.html

Hopefully this may help

• 6 months later...