Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and LEDs

Guest guest

Hi all..

Just thought I would mention that the 97% trick doesn't work on all strings, it seems. I have a couple strings I got from WalMart (Unfortunately, the boxes walked away.. but I remember they were blue boxes, 50 light strands for around 6 bucks) that work in the 85% range, but not reliably. So, before anyone goes out after Christmas buying up LED's for LOR displays.. buy a box or two to make sure they work before the big sale day...

cbromley wrote:

Just thought I would mention that the 97% trick doesn't work on all strings, it seems. I have a couple strings I got from WalMart (Unfortunately, the boxes walked away.. but I remember they were blue boxes, 50 light strands for around 6 bucks) that work in the 85% range, but not reliably. So, before anyone goes out after Christmas buying up LED's for LOR displays.. buy a box or two to make sure they work before the big sale day...
What type of LOR controller do you have. I have not heard of any problems with the CTB08D or CTB16D (with the latest firmware) The CTB08 doesn't handle LEDs well today but we are working to improve that.

LOR1602W... However, I may not have the latest firmware for it as I bought it last year and have not updated it. I would be interested in getting a firmware update to see if they start working. I would love to use some of them next year.

I just went and looked at the firmware page.. do I 'save target as' and use that file directly to update the firmware? Or do I need to edit out the text header?

Hi,

Go to http://www.lightorama.com and go to the Support page. Then as you suggested, pick the firmware for your unit and Right Click "Save Target As"....

Do not touch the file... Do not edit it in any way... Then use the Hardware Utilities firmware section to download the firmware to the unit.

If you do not have version 1.5.0 of the LOR software then you should get it. The Hardware Utility prior to 1.5.0 is not compatable with this verison of firmware. Send an email to info@lightorama.com to get the latest software if you need it.

Oh, if those LEDs do not work with the latest firmware then I would like to buy some from you to test with.