Light-O-Rama Forums

Video full screen issue.

T34 Flyer

I’m having trouble this year with video in full screen. The first run of the show plays full screen but as it loops it reverts to the small window. Can anyone help? It’s on the correct monitor and fill screen in checked in video preferences.

Thanks
Brad

I have noticed that when the video reverts to play in the small window that if I minimize the click in the tray to restore it goes back to full screen. If that help pinpoint the problem.

Thanks

Brad

vipzach wrote:

Try turning off hardware acceleration.

Edit: If you are using XP, this link will show you what I am talking about. http://www.deskshare.com/resources/articles/dmc_turnoffhardwareacceleration.aspx

Where were you last week when I was having similar (but slightly different) problems? :) :)

I eventually solved mine by going into WMP itself, and one of the options is acceleration. For me simply bumping it down one notch from "full" did the trick. (I was losing video on the second monitor altogether, unless I clicked in the window...)

Not sure if the WMP acceleration setting and the general one noted in the link above do the same thing.

Sorry Tim, I'm not very good with the sequencing stuff, but I try to help with any other stuff that I can!

I work in IT and have seen the hardware acceleration do weird stuff. It was just a suggestion, that I hope will help. :)

vipzach wrote:

Sorry Tim, I'm not very good with the sequencing stuff, but I try to help with any other stuff that I can!

I work in IT and have seen the hardware acceleration do weird stuff. It was just a suggestion, that I hope will help. :)

Definitely worth a try - it's what saved me. I was to the point that I was worrying if I'd have video at all this year, after just buying a new projector and all...

Thank you so much. I implemented your suggested change and the show has been going for 6 cycles now without leaving full screen mode yet.

Thanks again

Brad