Light-O-Rama Forums

Possible problems

Guest guest

I noticed 2 things with my LOR setup. I've got 2 CTB-08's and 4 CTB-16D's.

1. One of the CTB-08's seems to lose it's mind occasionally. For example, one of my sequences is slow fades between Red, White, Blue, and Green. Another is a chase sequence. Then the one CTB-08 is playing the chase sequence (which is correct), the second one is playing the slow fades. Removing power and reapplying causes it to jump to the correct sequence, but later it gets off again.

2. What specifically is the Background for in the show editor - is this just for static elements.

3. I've put all my sequences in as musical sequences. I seem to be getting some amount of time with no lights on between sequences. The delay is set to 0. Most of the sequences start with a fade up of something and end with a fade down. I'm talking about 5-10 seconds of no light though.

Any ideas?

cstom2002 wrote:

3. I've put all my sequences in as musical sequences. I seem to be getting some amount of time with no lights on between sequences. The delay is set to 0. Most of the sequences start with a fade up of something and end with a fade down. I'm talking about 5-10 seconds of no light though.

I'll try to field this one. Usually this means that you have additional time at the end of the sequence. Try playing the sequence in the sequence editor. Does the play button change from a stop sign to a play sign right where you'd expect it to? My guess is it will continue playing on for the 10-15 second delay you're experiencing. If so, you just need to shorten the sequence length (edit menu, I think, don't have the software handy).

-Tim

Tim:

I think you're right on that one. I thought I had checked that, but I did find some silence (or near enough to it) at the end of the 2 musical sequences I'm running. I thoguht it did it at the end of my animations too, but I could be wrong. I'll have to check that when the display is on tonight. Thanks.

cstom2002 wrote:

1. One of the CTB-08's seems to lose it's mind occasionally. For example, one of my sequences is slow fades between Red, White, Blue, and Green. Another is a chase sequence. Then the one CTB-08 is playing the chase sequence (which is correct), the second one is playing the slow fades. Removing power and reapplying causes it to jump to the correct sequence, but later it gets off again.

2. What specifically is the Background for in the show editor - is this just for static elements.

1. This is all being controlled by the computer? Do you have more than one sequence running concurrently in the show?

2. The Background is for anything that you want to run continuously during the show. The sequence in the background section will loop and not turn off the channels it controls at the end of the sequence.

Control is from the PC. Only 1 controller running a standalone sequence. All my sequences are in Musical Sequence (except a startup and shutdown) and are running sequentially. I haven't looked at the sequences yet, but I dont' think I messed them up.

cstom2002 wrote:

Control is from the PC. Only 1 controller running a standalone sequence. All my sequences are in Musical Sequence (except a startup and shutdown) and are running sequentially. I haven't looked at the sequences yet, but I dont' think I messed them up.

Is the one controller that is running the standalone sequence attached to the network?

Did you download any standalone sequences into the CTB08 with a mind of its own?

Is that CTB08 a V4 (with three comm connectors) If so is the standalone jumper removed?

The standalone controller IS indeed attached to the network. It's a CTB-16D with a sequence loaded only referencing it's own channels. The problem controller is an older CTB-08. There has never been a sequence downloaded into the CTB-08 (I thought you couldn't do standalone on a CTB-08).

I checked my sequence files last night and everything looks good. Made a few changes to one of them, but totally unrelated to this problem.

cstom2002 wrote:

The standalone controller IS indeed attached to the network. It's a CTB-16D with a sequence loaded only referencing it's own channels. The problem controller is an older CTB-08. There has never been a sequence downloaded into the CTB-08 (I thought you couldn't do standalone on a CTB-08).

I checked my sequence files last night and everything looks good. Made a few changes to one of them, but totally unrelated to this problem.

As long as the CTB16 only references its own channels then it should be OK to have it in the network.

You can do standalone on a CTB-08 but it is very limited in capacity.

Do all of your units have different Unit IDs assigned?

Two things with the CTB-08, In the hardware utility "Delete" standalone on that unit and if the CTB-08 is a V4 ( 3 comm connectors ) then make sure the Standalone jumper is removed.

The CTB-8 is NOT a V4. Yes all the controllers have different IDs Any other ideas? I will probably do something a bit different next year anway. Will probably order another 16D.

Thanks for your time...

cstom2002 wrote:

The CTB-8 is NOT a V4. Yes all the controllers have different IDs Any other ideas? I will probably do something a bit different next year anway. Will probably order another 16D.

Thanks for your time...

Even still, go into the Hardware Utility and do a Standalone Delete on each of your units.