Light-O-Rama Forums

Wire/Cable

crabtreechristmas

Does anyone know what the name of the cable is that connects from the headphone jack to the FM transmitter? I need one, approximately 100 feet long. Thanks!

Attached files 218309=12131-FALL 2010 001.JPG

1/8" stereo extension (male to female) at Radio Shack. They don't show on their website but most stores seem to have. You will still nee to use the wire that came with the FM transmitter (male to male)

headphone extension.. you wont find one 100' long. Best thing you can do is:

1) buy several 15'-25' extensions or

2) buy a spool of 3 conductor wire and solder on a miniature (or submini) jack and socket (one on each end).

RadioShack's extensions are really expensive for what you get. You would be better buying the spool either online, or at an electronics store (Fry's)

It may depend on your FM transmitter, but I've used 2 different kinds and they both accepted the 3.5 mm stereo audio cable (which is what you've pictured).

My cable is 100 feet long and I've had zero problems with it. The computer is in the basement, the audio cable runs out of the office, up a flight of stairs, wraps through the kitchen, around the dining room, and into the front living room where I keep the transmitter.

www.cablestogo.com - I love this company and use them frequently for anything and everything related to audio/video and all sorts of unique items. Amazing prices, even with shipping - beat the pants off of Radio Shack in most cases.

Hopefully I copied the right link, but this should take you straight to the listing of all of their audio cables:

http://www.cablestogo.com/product_list.asp?cat_id=2002&sort=length-desc

By the way, you'll want male on both ends (they list as m/m).