Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween 2010 at the happyholidayhome! Vigax defeated!!!

thebaronn

Hello! Halloween has come and gone and we were able to get 2 shows before we had a catasrophic costume failure! We had a good crowd this year and everyone seemd to have a good time. This year we had 5 actors and one of them was my 7 year old who played Ben 10 (I was impressed he was able to follow directions!)

The Humungousaur costume was created with Galaxia Lighting. During the 2nd show he completely snapped in half.
I thought the camera settings were set to manual before I gave it to my cameraman, but I guess not. So I apologize for the horrible picture.

The only costume that was hard wired was Humungousaur. Everyone else was on
A LOR ELL with a CMB16D controller and battery packs!

It was a lot of fun this year!
Thank you!
Eric

thebaronn wrote:

The only costume that was hard wired was Humungousaur. Everyone else was on
A LOR ELL with a CMB16D controller and battery packs!

It was a lot of fun this year!
Thank you!
Eric

Ohhhhh!

Brian Mitchell wrote:

That was IMPRESSIVE!!!

Fantastic Job. Too bad about the costume. Shoulda used LOR. :P

LOL! LOR doesn't make chicken wire, PVC and monster mud!!! If they did, it probably would have survived!

But I did use LOR to run the lights on the costumes and trigger the different Galaxia sequences on Humunousaur! The weakest link in the whole show was my construction........:shock:

Need a better camera also.....

thebaronn wrote:

Hello! Halloween has come and gone and we were able to get 2 shows before we had a catasrophic costume failure! We had a good crowd this year and everyone seemd to have a good time. This year we had 5 actors and one of them was my 7 year old who played Ben 10 (I was impressed he was able to follow directions!)

The Humungousaur costume was created with Galaxia Lighting. During the 2nd show he completely snapped in half.
I thought the camera settings were set to manual before I gave it to my cameraman, but I guess not. So I apologize for the horrible picture.

Hello!

I posted the final Halloween Show video, it is pretty much the same, just a few portions of the display I wanted to show case better!

• 4 weeks later...

Totally awesome dude! Loved the concept of the whole thing.

You mentioned wanting a better camera. I was in the same situation for my Christmas display. After checking out various types of cameras, I bought a Canon Rebel T1i DSLR camera with full 1080p HD video last night from Sam's Club. Started playing with it last night and love it. It's the best of both worlds for pics and video. Best Buy doesn't come close to the deal at Sam's club.