Light-O-Rama Forums

Playing videos with LOR ?

rugerx

Hi all, I have a Halloween display that uses LOR to run 14 channels of lights with music, 7 sequences in all.

I recently purchased a projector and plan to add an animated window to my display.

An example can be seen here:

I am curious is there is a way to control the projector and video from LOR?

I am stumped how to integrate my existing LOR show with the added video/sound projector.

Any tips on what some of you might have done? I really want a seamless show that I can start and just let it run without having to go back and forth between LOR and the projector. I have the option of running both LOR and the video from the same computer, or I can separate the them on 2 PC's.

Thanks much for any tips!

rugerx wrote:

Oh thats great news, now the silly question.

I did as you stated, but my video file does not open. Is there a way to make it open in media player ?

Make sure it is saved as a wmv file (windows media player) and it should opne and play fine.

Greg

• 2 years later...

Bumping this thread, as I am still trying to figure out how to turn the projector beam on and off with LOR...is this possible?  Or is the usual way just to run a black screen saver on the projector when there is no video playing, rather than actually turning the projector beam on and off?

Thanks!

Thanks!  I did review that thread.  The lingering question I have is about projector control...When a video is not playing, I want the projector to not show a blank white screen...to just go black or have the projector light go into a standby mode.  Anyway to do this directly with LOR?  I realize that to actually turn the projector on and off is likely not a solution as most projectors need a boot up time period.

Don:  I've been running projection for 2 seasons now and no there is not a easy way to have lor controll the projector the way you want.......I just manually turn it on  at the beginning of the show and off when the show is over.  and inbetween I just have my monitor screen black and the projector stays on and shows black on the screen then when my sequence starts playing my included video starts projecting on the screen.