Light-O-Rama Forums

1 Sequence dont play> HELP

Bryan

My halloween display consist of 3 sequencies. 2 of the 3 play great I can not get 1 of them to play. I am using a LOR1602 MP3 show director controller. I made sure the sequence is set to the same ID number and all the channles are right. It does write to the SD card in simple show builder but never plays in the 3 sequence show. if I play through the computer hooked to controller it plays all right but not stand alone with the SD card. Any ideas what I might need to look at? I have looked over the instruction manual several times.

Thanks Bryan

Bryan wrote:

My halloween display consist of 3 sequencies. 2 of the 3 play great I can not get 1 of them to play. I am using a LOR1602 MP3 show director controller. I made sure the sequence is set to the same ID number and all the channles are right. It does write to the SD card in simple show builder but never plays in the 3 sequence show. if I play through the computer hooked to controller it plays all right but not stand alone with the SD card. Any ideas what I might need to look at? I have looked over the instruction manual several times.

Thanks Bryan

Have you looked at the KBPS rate of the MP3 you're using?

Although I've had success using 192kbps with a LOR MP3 Showtime Director (same unit that is in the LOR1602MP3 unit) I encounteree this problem on my MP3 Director unit, the offending file was at 320kbps, it needed to be changed to 128kbps to work, although, like said I have had luck with 192K rates, but the MP3 documentation states 128K is the best rate to use reliably.

If you have an MP3 editor, such as Audacity (I don't use it, I use another commercial software that came with my DVD/Video Editing suite), load the non playing file into it, change the rate to 128 and then export it back out into a different folder with the same (original name), DON'T EXPORT IT BACK OUT OVER THE ORIGINAL, or you lose the original file), once you've done that, load the new 128 rate file into your sequence, save it back out and then write it to your SD Card. This *should* resolve the issue of the MP3 not playing.

Unless you donwloaded a bad copy of the file, which happens, you can still sometimes re-export the corrupt file as a lower rate and it works. I've done that successfully as well, but sometimes you just have to redownload the file and change the bit rate from the higher rating to 128 to make it work.

Hope this helps.