Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas comes early...

Guest guest

Dan, thanks for getting it shipped! First LOR controller. Software and hardware working great. Setup and tested within minutes.

Sample video here (pretty boring, but had to see it working):

http://www.k7mk.com/house/LOR_1st_test.wmv

I have 18 days until christmas. Only need to build 32 mini-trees, 1 mega-tree, 16 wireframes, etc... Just kidding! The LOR should be lots of fun with what I already have. Next year is another story!

Jim.

Attached files 6148=424-img_4862.jpg

JimC wrote:

Sample video here (pretty boring, but had to see it working)

I was so eager to see my controller working, I threw the contoller in the enclosure (Iuse the hobbyist version) hooked up 8 of 16 cords, and hit go.

I was running around like a kid on Christmas morning. Wife thought I was nuts. She still does, but she likes the display.

The picture did turn out nice. Looking at it now, I guess I was so rushed to get it posted that I forgot to take the red-eye out! Maybe it is just the twinkle of C9's in here eyes ;)

For some reason both of my kids were excited to open the box. Dan cut it open and posed for some snapshots with the CAT5 cable and the SC485. Then Natalie stepped in for the glam pose with the LOR1602W. I hope they get the same excitement over their actual xmas presents!

Apparently we have entered the world of Light-O-Rama fanaticism!

Hoping for some sunlight and warm temps to get the unit fully hooked up. Last night's test run in the dark with frigid temps took some gumption.

Jim.

I hope they get the same excitement over their actual xmas presents!

Jim! Total opportunity, man! Get the kids "their own" 1602 and a few strings of lights for Christmas!!! :P

(trying to live vicariously through Jim, since I'm too scared to pull a stunt like that on my own. I'm sure I could convince the kids, but my little lady would have my head on a platter).