Light-O-Rama Forums

just purchased a sequence from LOR

vpfs

Hi Jim,

I'm guessing you downloaded it from the following URL:
http://www.lightorama.com/FreeTSO.html

If so, that page also contains the instructions on how to load the sequence into your sequence editor. Is there a particular point at which you are having trouble and need more help with?

vpfs wrote:

I just purchased and downloaded the 16 channel version bt manheim steamroller from LOR. Can you tell me how to load it into my sequence editor? Jim

First you have to make sure that the LOR software has been installed and that you have run the LOR Control Panel or LOR Sequence Editor at least once.

The "sequence' file that you downloaded is an installer. That means that you have to execute (open it) first. So double click on the file downloaded and the installer will run. It will install the the Sequence file in the default Sequence Folder and it will install the Audio File (MP3 File) in the default Audio Folder.

Once you have installed the sequence, start the Sequence Editor. Now depending on how the Sequence Editor is configured, a File Open window may pop up immediately... If so then just select the "existing sequence" tab and select the sequence file (the name will be obvious).

If the file window does not automatically show when you start the Sequence Editor then once the Sequence Editor Click File then Open and then select file.

Dan

Edit: Looks like Don posted while I was typing...

vpfs wrote:

The software was purchased and used last year for 6 songs. I just purchased this sequence from LOR and cannot figure out how to find it and add it to my other sequences now that I have downloaded it

Did you see the post above about how to install the sequence. It will be placed in the default location. When you go to the open dialog in the Sequence Editor it will appear in the Existing Sequences.

Dan

I might be wrong but also sounds as if Jim can not find the file.
"I purchased the 29.99 16 channel version by Manheim Steamroller and downloaded it but I can't find where it is now"

Can someone give him what the downloaded file name was so he can search his computer for it? Once he has that he can should be able to load it into sequence editor.

Jim once you locate it refer to the post above from LightORamaDan

You may be able to search for it, just above the start button, when you click on the start button is a box that says start search, type in Manheim, and see if it returns anything. Try other keywords if that doesn't work.

Knowing what the downloaded file name was would help him.
I see by looking at the sequence order page it says sequence004 and sequence005 for the two Manheim sequences for sale. Try to search for them.

If that is not them perhaps if you still have the order number from purchasing it LOR can send it to you again.
Email them and see what they say. LOR customer service has been fantastic in my experience.
Actually I would email them whether you have a copy of the order number or not, they should be able to at least tell you what the file name was.

Another thing you can check is where your browser downloads files, check in that folder it may still be there.
Unless you change it's default D/L location it should be where the rest D/L.
Let us know what browser you use and someone should be able to tell how to look for the default location.

Ok, I think that I now have it in Sequence Editor. It was not in existing sequences but rather in new sequences. I opened it and played it and now when I open Sequence Editor it is there. Now here is my dilemma. When I want to run the annimation it asks me if I want to import a picture. When I click yes the picture of my house appears with the grid over it wanting me to redraw. Is there a way to import the picture that already exists with the lights drawn in that is already in use on my other sequences.

yes click on menu item
file
export/import channel configuration
import channel configuration
then choose your configuration.

If you haven't saved your configuration then open a sequence that is how you want it and then click on menu item
file
export/import channel configuration
export channel configuration
then save it with a name, like 32 channel, home 32, etc etc

jerryb721 wrote:

Knowing what the downloaded file name was would help him.
I see by looking at the sequence order page it says sequence004 and sequence005 for the two Manheim sequences for sale. Try to search for them.

If that is not them perhaps if you still have the order number from purchasing it LOR can send it to you again.
[snip]

For everyone's future reference... When you purchase single sequences from LOR it is a download only delivery. You can immediatly download it at the time of purchase. However you can re-download it for the next 20 days. (The sequence packages are CD only and the price includes domestic shipping).

To re-download, click on the order status link in the order confirmation email that you received. At the bottom of the order status page, there will be a box where you can re-activate the download buttons. That box will ask for your CC number or your PayPal email address (it is a secure https page). It is not going to charge you again, rather it is just verifying that you are indeed the person who placed the order.

Once you enter that information and click the apply button, the download buttons will appear next to the download items on that page.

Dan

Not sure if I skipped over this, but have you opened the Search program and typed the file name or keyword? It should locate it where ever it is. To open the actual sequence, make sure everything's installed and you should just be able to click the sequence file on your desktop or where it's at and it should open in the sequence editor.