Light-O-Rama Forums

HolidaySoft Light Designer

texascop

I thought the same at the end of 2009 and beginning of 2010. Then they released a patch about a month or two ago. I installed the patch but have not tried it yet. Their software was useful in planning my initial layout but it was very laggy when trying to run my show there. The update supposedly has improvements to performance but I am so used to the LOR visualizer now and I have my mega tree actually set up in my backyard so I have little use for Holiday Soft Light Designer anymore.

I did try to email them at one point as well and never got a response from them.

Maybe they need to take a lesson from Dan and LOR on how to reply to their customers. They keep this up and they will go out of business.

I just bought it three weeks ago and it won't connect to LOR. I am running Win 7 64-bit. Don't know if that is the issue or not. Anyway, the 877 number is disconnected and no email response. Probably just blew $50.

texascop wrote:

I just bought it three weeks ago and it won't connect to LOR. I am running Win 7 64-bit. Don't know if that is the issue or not. Anyway, the 877 number is disconnected and no email response. Probably just blew $50.

I do not think that they went out of business. We were talking to the owner a couple of months ago and everything seem okay. He was starting on some new projects/enhancements.

We will see if we can get in contact.

Dan

I have determined that the HLD will not connect to LOR on a Win 7, 64-bit OS. I moved the applications to a 32-bit machine and it connected and worked. I still haven't heard from their support.

texascop wrote:

I have determined that the HLD will not connect to LOR on a Win 7, 64-bit OS. I moved the applications to a 32-bit machine and it connected and worked. I still haven't heard from their support.
I use Win 7 64 bit and am able to have HLD work with LOR.
Might be something with your system ?

It has to be either the OS or the PC. The HLD and LOR software is a mirror copy and the sequences are a mirror copy. Using the same port. The IP is the correct IP for that PC.

Win 7 32-bit works, 64-bit doesn't.

On the 64-bit system, it shows "connected" and "Signal - yes". As soon as I click Play in LOR, signal goes to "no".

texascop wrote:

It has to be either the OS or the PC. The HLD and LOR software is a mirror copy and the sequences are a mirror copy. Using the same port. The IP is the correct IP for that PC.

Win 7 32-bit works, 64-bit doesn't.

On the 64-bit system, it shows "connected" and "Signal - yes". As soon as I click Play in LOR, signal goes to "no".

Sorry I won't be able to help. I know on my system (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit) I can get the 2 to work together.

Did you upgrade to the latest version? My release number is 4.0.1.8

On a side note I don't use HLD any more because LOR's visualizer and my minds eye give me a pretty good idea what things will look like. But nothing compares to the real thing!

Hi Everyone,

This is Michael Collins owner of Holidaysoft. Dan informed me of the frustrations users are having trying to get HLD and LOR working together. He directed me to this thread which has been eye opening to say the least. I was not aware of all the support issues people have been experiencing. I apologize to anyone who has not received a prompt response. Today, I setup a new email address to try and make easier to get through: lor@holidaysoft.com. Please send any issues to that email address or you can send me a personal message on this forum. It’s never fun reading posts from unhappy users. Again, I apologize for the frustration. The good news is I see many users are getting satisfactory results using LOR's built in visualizer. It does a great job. Its clear HLD is not for everyone and I appreciate everyone who has given it a try. If you have had success using HLD then be assured it will still be supported and enhanced for years to come. If you have any feedback or suggestions then send them my way.

Several posts relate to whether there are problems connecting LOR and HLD on a Win 7 64 bit system. I have tested many configurations and have not found any problems getting the connection to work. One of the features added in the recent update was a second alternate method of connecting to LOR. I would like to know if both connect methods are failing for anyone having problems.

The updated version 4.5 of HLD is going to be released very soon and available through the LOR store. It will be a separate install with a renewed trial period on the demo. Please take a look at it send your feedback.

To user friskybri:
It’s especially tough to see your displeasure. I was born and raised in Peoria. I'll make it up to you...

Michael Collins
President
Holidaysoft®

• 2 weeks later...

If any of you have written to MIchael at Holidaysoft regarding HLD.

Either via a PM or the posted Email, have you received a response from Michael.

I have left emails and a PM, no response. Just trying to figure out if it's on my end or not.

Thanks for your help.

Best,

David