Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR order?????

Bernie

Guest wbottomley

TJ Hvasta wrote:

With 75 days to Halloween, Dan, is it too late to switch my 16CQ board for the regular version and pay the difference?  I'm gettin' antsy  :)

One other question re: kit prices..  I was looking at individual piece prices, adding them up and comparing them to the complete 16PC kit price.. 

CTB16PC kit, $99
Low Heat Sinks, $0
Case, $24 (options say $28 tho)
Dongles, $30
---------------------------------
Total $163

Complete CTB16PC kit $179...

Why the difference?

TJ

You need to send an email to orders@lightorama.com

lol, 'was jus' makin funny :)

'strange it is that parts are more $$ than the complete kit... is that a example the whole is less than the sum of its parts? :)

I know a college professor who'd have a field day with that idea :)

lol, 'was jus' makin funny :)

'strange it is that parts are more $$ than the complete kit... is that a example the whole is less than the sum of its parts? :)

I know a college professor who'd have a field day with that idea :)

TJ Hvasta wrote:

[snip]
CTB16PC kit, $99
Low Heat Sinks, $0
Case, $24 (options say $28 tho)
Dongles, $30
---------------------------------
Total $163

Complete CTB16PC kit $179...

Why the difference?

Forgot the high power heatsinks that come with the complete kit +$20...

As far as "Case, $24 (options say $28 tho)" $24 does not include the Strain Reliefs (+$4).

So in the end you save a about $7 with the complete kit.

Dan

• 2 months later...

Surprise. Just opened the box of controllers from LOR that I've had sitting on the workbench until there was time to put them together, and much to my surprise the box had the green Congratulations Winner document signed by Alex Baldwin. That is awesome. Thanks Alex and Dan. Christmas just came a little early.

Tim Dorr wrote:

Surprise. Just opened the box of controllers from LOR that I've had sitting on the workbench until there was time to put them together, and much to my surprise the box had the green Congratulations Winner document signed by Alex Baldwin. That is awesome. Thanks Alex and Dan. Christmas just came a little early.

My Try For Free order never arrived, so LOR finally traced the package and saw it was accidentally delivered somewhere in Prairie Village KS. So, if you wouldn't mind boxing that back up, I'll PM you my address to forward it to. Also, LOR claims you didn't even place an order this summer, so if you really need more stuff, you should probably just go ahead and order it now without making a fuss to them about it.

If the above gave Tim a heart attack and his widow is able to see this on his screen, you have my condolences and in my generosity I am willing to buy the last purchase he made from LOR for TRIPLE what he paid for it! I will even split the shipping costs with you in your time of need. Tom and I were the closest of friends and he often spoke of wanting me to have those... ah, whatever it was in the box.

And, if nothing else, congrats Tom... er, I mean Tim!

amcdonald307 wrote:

Tim Dorr wrote:

My Try For Free order never arrived, so LOR finally traced the package and saw it was accidentally delivered somewhere in Prairie Village KS. So, if you wouldn't mind boxing that back up, I'll PM you my address to forward it to. Also, LOR claims you didn't even place an order this summer, so if you really need more stuff, you should probably just go ahead and order it now without making a fuss to them about it.

If the above gave Tim a heart attack and his widow is able to see this on his screen, you have my condolences and in my generosity I am willing to buy the last purchase he made from LOR for TRIPLE what he paid for it! I will even split the shipping costs with you in your time of need. Tom and I were the closest of friends and he often spoke of wanting me to have those... ah, whatever it was in the box.

Thank you Andy for your heart felt condolences. Tim will be missed. I don't know much about these controller thing-a-doobies, but I've never heard Tim say a bad word about Dan Baldwin and all the fine folks at LOR. In fact, he is very complimentary about their products and their customer service. So I'm surprised that LOR made such a dreadful shipping error. But things happen with even the best of companies. Exactly what did you purchase this summer that was shipped to Tim?

His loving wife,
Mary

PS
Since it appears that your post was a contributing factor in Tim's demise, I've got an appointment tomorrow with an attorney. The evidence speaks for itself.

LMAO, what a hoot you two are.. :)

Tim Dorr wrote:

amcdonald307 wrote:
Tim Dorr wrote:

Thank you Andy for your heart felt condolences. Tim will be missed. I don't know much about these controller thing-a-doobies, but I've never heard Tim say a bad word about Dan Baldwin and all the fine folks at LOR. In fact, he is very complimentary about their products and their customer service. So I'm surprised that LOR made such a dreadful shipping error. But things happen with even the best of companies. Exactly what did you purchase this summer that was shipped to Tim?

His loving wife,
Mary

PS
Since it appears that your post was a contributing factor in Tim's demise, I've got an appointment tomorrow with an attorney. The evidence speaks for itself.