Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. If you don’t have pixels stick with 4, I tried 5 but didn’t like it much so I went back to 4....
  3. Thanks , I guess I should of mentioned I used s5 last year. Thanks everyone I addied motion effect row and Then I was able to modify the song. What does the chainlink fence symbol mean? I was able to add motion row under it and it played but I am unable to delete the chainlink fence part. I guess its okay to leave that in there. thanks again.
  4. Today
  5. JR your work on singing trees sequences has brought joy to a whole lot of people on this forum ,thank you Dennis Laff
  6. S4, like my friend Jerry72 I prefer the old vis. JR
  7. I did a face sequence as a request from my friend Don here on the forums. The request was from a little girl with terminal cancer living in Children's Hospital in Little Rock. It was one of her last requests. The hospital took her via bus to see Dons light show, a huge hit. She passed not long after seeing it but her wish came true. Yes, you never know what good you may be bringing to others. JR
  8. Notredameforlife You may be running into a problem I had a year ago that had me stumped for a long time, when I went to V5.V5 does things different. It took Matt logging into my system to figure it out. In some cases, the items are being added to the new view with NO motion effect rows Then you see what looks like a chain link fence or cross hatched row. The way to fix it for me, was to right click on the items name and choose "add/modify motion effect row" effect rows. Then add the number of rows you want. Steve
  9. I was also unsure how well a new preview would match up with old programming, so I went with the import route. All my existing stuff is there and editable. The Visualizer has to exactly match the S4 sequence though, and there may be a LOT of labels which need tidying up after the import. I went back and forth many times between S4 and S5 before I got it right. I have 60 odd sequences, and there was no way I was starting over. Maybe someone else can chime in with more info but that's what I did. As I said in your other post, S4 files will play fine in the S5 show player.
  10. Did you create the playback files. File/Create Playback Files.. You will need them in folder too. Also unmodified S4 files will play in the S5 show player, in a pinch.
  11. I had a issue where my song played under preview but like yours it wouldn't play in show builder. I copied all of my songs into a new folder so I would have all of my songs I was using for my display in one file. I didn't know you had to copy all files in order for the file to work in show builder. There is 4 to 5 files for each sequence that you have to copy in the same folder if your moving your sequences into a different folder.
  12. I created a new preview for my display. I went to last years song . I clicked add new view and clicked all my items under preview props. When I open the song it plays but I am unable to edit the song. For the new items I added this year it looks like a chain link fence . Everything is correct on my preview . Thanks for help. I am using RGB smart lights if that matters
  13. A situation recently came up with our display. Our landlord where we have lived for four years had plans to sell us the house in 2022. However now that the market is up around here he wants double what the house appraises for so unfortunately both us and our display is going to have to move in August of 2020. We sadly notified everybody on our shows Facebook page 2 weeks ago. It wasn't until then we realized just how many people were highly upset about the display moving and how many people our show really touched each year. From parents of special-needs children, autistic children and some people that just told us our display is their holiday tradition to visit each year. We have been getting lots of support messages and people vowing to follow our displays no matter where we go. We also have one person who reached out to us that is having a new home built and wants us to rent out their current home so they don't have to sell it. Their time frame for building gives us the perfect opportunity to rent their pool home which is much larger than our current home and gives us a much better viewing area with no HOA as the house is on the outskirts In citrus hills and no neighbors across the street or on the sides of us. Shockingly it's actually right down the road from another display house in citrus hills that another forum member on here has which would be a total upgrade for us. It's one of the nicest areas in our county to live in and is much higher end homes It's not set in stone yet but this really shocked me since it was just somebody who has come to visit our lightshow and come to find out we actually talked to them before and had no idea who they were just thought they were a happy viewer. You never know who is visiting your display and what could possibly come of it. For that opportunity to arise it really made me sit back and think about how many hours go into this and how it really touches people. I do these light shows as my way of just giving back and letting other people enjoy it but it's nice to know that others are so deeply affected by what we do. nothing is set in stone yet but this gives us a wonderful opportunity as well as lets us know just how much people really appreciate what we do.
  14. Jim, it is working and tomorrow I will be programming. I want to thank you for all the help that you have given me. I hope that I can call you as I get closer for more advise. Mark.
  15. I suggest Xlights and its FREE! Another option worth looking into
  16. This was posted in my guestbook a few years ago. So, I do think also, that it makes a difference in some peoples lives. Wayne Comments: I first saw the house coming back from Xxxx Xxxxx. It moved me to tear's. You see ive had a really long road in the past 9 year's. I had given up at one point & didn't even look forward to Christmas. I didn't have one for over 8 year's. I didn't believe anymore that the Christmas spirit was real. Just all what people could get, instead of what they had already been given from the beginning. The night I saw the house , well we drove by 5 time's . I cried every time. Not of sadness, but sheer child like excitement & amazement. That night we put up the first Christmas tree ive had in 9 year's. People just don't realize how Christmas light can re-cenddle & inspier the meaning, love, & perpouse that is the Meaning of Christmas! Hope Every-one has a Very Blessed Christmas!
  17. I just didnt like S5, i prefered having the older style visualizer,, easier to design props. I went back to S4.3
  18. Jim, we set the thing up last nite to come off the LAN and then to the switch and then to the pixcon. Jim, I'm out tonight but when I get home I am going to send you some pics of what we set up on the PC. When you have time no hurry, but could you look at my configuration and comment?
  19. Phil good point about pro upgrade thank you
  1. Load more activity