mmais68569

New Sequence Help

11 posts in this topic

First I am using LOR V3.9.0 Advanced with Superstar demo to sequence with.

I have been using LOR for a number of years both to sequence & run my program. This year I have decided to venture into the world of Pixels. I have purchased a sequence 12 string 50 pixels per string imported it into LOR with no problem. Now I want to add my saved Channel Configuration to this new sequence & that is where the problem is. I have tried both starting with the channel configuration & then trying to add the Pixel  portion to the sequence & the other way around Pixel first then add the saved channel configuration above. Neither way works,is there somthing I am missing or can it not be done.

Hope there is a way to add as I do not want to re add 300 channel names to 6 new sequences for 2017.

If I am not clear on the question ask your question so I can clear it up.

Thanks for the help

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

You can't add the pixel config into your existing sequences. What you will have to do is take one of your current sequences and add the channels, then copy and paste the pixel sequence in to that current sequence. Then once you have completed the first sequence you can save the channel config and import the channels into all your other sequences.

Edited by Mr. P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not have an existing sequence everything will be a new sequence. Only saved channel configuration from 2014

Mike 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mmais68569 said:

I do not have an existing sequence everything will be a new sequence. Only saved channel configuration from 2014

Mike 

So are you trying to add the new pixel sequence to the 2014 channel config? If so then you will have to open a new sequence and import the 2014 channel config. Then you will have to add the pixel channels into that sequence and copy and paste the pixel sequence into your sequence.

You can't import two channel configs into one sequence as one will overwrite the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I add these as multiple RGB channels even though the sequence is for pixels? Also how many channels do I add?

Each strip is 50 pixels & there are 12 strips.

Thanks Mike 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What controller are you using? You can add the controller and it will automatically add the required number of channels if the controller is recognized. If the controller is not recognized then you will have to manually add the channels.

Once you have the first sequence complete you can export the channel config and save it. Then you can import the saved channel config into all the other sequences to automatically populate those channels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mmais68569 said:

Do I add these as multiple RGB channels even though the sequence is for pixels? Also how many channels do I add?

Each strip is 50 pixels & there are 12 strips.

Thanks Mike 

Are the pixels Smart or Dumb? considering they are smart pixels, if you are doing these manually in SE then it is 150 channels per strip and they will need to be set up as RGB. You may consider SS or PE to program your pixels, that will save you alot of time.

 

SPaschall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr. P said:

What controller are you using? You can add the controller and it will automatically add the required number of channels if the controller is recognized. If the controller is not recognized then you will have to manually add the channels.

Once you have the first sequence complete you can export the channel config and save it. Then you can import the saved channel config into all the other sequences to automatically populate those channels.

This is the controller from Holiday Coro

E1.31 & ArtNet to SPI Pixel Controller

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SPaschall said:

Are the pixels Smart or Dumb? considering they are smart pixels, if you are doing these manually in SE then it is 150 channels per strip and they will need to be set up as RGB. You may consider SS or PE to program your pixels, that will save you alot of time.

 

SPaschall

They are smart pixels

mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you are using the Alphapix controller you have have to add all the channels manually. The easiest way on a 12 leg tree is to make each leg a universe.

Open a new musical sequence and import your 2014 channel config. Go to the top menu "tools" and open the channel config. Click on add a controller, you will be adding a DMX universe so start with universe 1 and add 150 channels. Then you would add another DMX universe, universe 2 and another 150 channels. Keep doing that all the way up to universe 12.

Another way to do it is to go to the last channel in your sequence and right click, then click on "insert a device below" then follow the instructions above.

Tip: When adding the channels check the "group" box so the channels don't look so large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did an upgrade today to 4.3.18 & was able to get everything setup. Imported 2014 channels then added 12 universes one for each string in the tree. Then opened a new sequence & opened the downloaded Pixel tree sequence, copied the 12 string sequence. Then was able to paste into new sequence with 2014 channels.

Before I pasted the sequence I saved the new channels as 2017 channels so I can use them in the future.

Thanks for all the help now time to get to work with the sequencing.

Mike

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now