Light-O-Rama Forums

2016 Clearwater Lights videos

George Simmons

Thanks for sharing. Really liked Peter Gunn...yes I'mn an old fart and have a warm spot for classic music. Was nice to view them all in one place, easily.

BTW, have tried to view videos on your website but just give up.  Being visually impaired with poor color contrast recognition, can't read  the text very well on you menus because of the poor contrast between font and backgorund colors.  Suggest better choices of colors or at least use alternative text messaging for the mouse over.  Even w/o any impairment, people start to lose some of there color recognition as they grow older. 

I tried calling, but I heard a deep, manly voice insult my masculinity three times and then called out nine names.

Wrong number I suppose?

I recall one name he called out was Rudolph... Snowman mashup was brilliant.

Thanks for sharing!

FYI Santa said hi! At least that better have been Santa...

5 hours ago, lightingnewb said:

I tried calling, but I heard a deep, manly voice insult my masculinity three times and then called out nine names.

Wrong number I suppose?

No, that's the way George always answers the phone. He said it makes most hang up sooner so he can keep on sequencing. 

5 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

No, that's the way George always answers the phone. He said it makes most hang up sooner so he can keep on sequencing. 

Ha! Thanks for a good laugh and playing along.

"Who are you and what do you want?" is my favorite phone greeting to numbers I don't recognize.  It's amazing how many people totally ignore my questions.  Which results in: "Call back after you master basic English and the ability to follow simple instructions."  *CLICK*  Most people seemingly decide they'd rather talk to someone else, because very few ever call back. 

I also like it when people ask for Sharon and then mispronounce her last name.  (Idiots don't know that a vowel followed by a double-consonant makes the vowel soft.)  I always tell them to hold on and then turn from the phone and ask, in a loud voice:  "Sharon - some ignoramus who can't even correctly pronounce your last name wants to speak with you.  You interested?"  Then I wait for about six or seven seconds and reply:  "She said to call back when when the time comes that you're no longer an ignoramus."

I remember a time when I detested telemarketers.  Now my day isn't complete without one or two calling.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, George Simmons said:

"Who are you and what do you want?" is my favorite phone greeting to numbers I don't recognize.  It's amazing how many people totally ignore my questions.  Which results in: "Call back after you master basic English and the ability to follow simple instructions."  *CLICK*  Most people seemingly decide they'd rather talk to someone else, because very few ever call back. 

I also like it when people ask for Sharon and then mispronounce her last name.  (Idiots don't know that a vowel followed by a double-consonant makes the vowel soft.)  I always tell them to hold on and then turn from the phone and ask, in a loud voice:  "Sharon - some ignoramus who can't even correctly pronounce your last name wants to speak with you.  You interested?"  Then I wait for about six or seven seconds and reply:  "She said to call back when when the time comes that you're no longer an ignoramus."

I remember a time when I detested telemarketers.  Now my day isn't complete without one or two calling.

If I don't recognize the number I answer like this..

'Community free clinic would you like to schedule an appointment"? Normally of course they don't say anything so I will repeat it one time. Then normally they stutter and then I say "you called us, we are very busy helping other patients with their communicable diseases so once you get the courage to schedule an appointment call back"

Then I will say "most people are extremely nervous scheduling their first appointment however it is all confidential and will not be discussed however by law will be reported to the Health Dept".

I have never had a call back! Since I cant beat the telemarketers at their game I join them.

I learned that technique from Tom Mabe. That is not one of his ideas though, that is mine.

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

If I don't recognize the number I answer like this..

'Community free clinic would you like to schedule an appointment"? Normally of course they don't say anything so I will repeat it one time. Then normally they stutter and then I say "you called us, we are very busy helping other patients with their communicable diseases so once you get the courage to schedule an appointment call back"

Then I will say "most people are extremely nervous scheduling their first appointment however it is all confidential and will not be discussed however by law will be reported to the Health Dept".

I have never had a call back! Since I cant beat the telemarketers at their game I join them.

I learned that technique from Tom Mabe. That is not one of his ideas though, that is mine.

I think the message from Seinfeld is perfect.

Telemarketer calls...

Me: "Hi, sorry, now isn't a good time. When can I call you back? How about you're at home? Oh, you don't like when people call you at home? I don't either, buh bye."

• The topic was locked