Light-O-Rama Forums

180 Pixel Tree

primvip

I am doing a 180 12 ribbon/50 pixel per ribbon tree. Does anyone have a good idea of what the spacing should be at the bottom for ideal viewing? I am trying to set mine up and wonder if anyone has a good spacing idea on the bottom of the tree when staking into the ground.

Thanks for any help.

I dont have an answer for u but I am considering getting a tree so will be watching for an answer.  Good luck!! 

Are you going to setup your tree "flat" or round at bottom? Do u mind me asking if u r building custom or bought kit?

thx, Kevin

On 11/15/2016 at 9:24 PM, kevinob said:

I dont have an answer for u but I am considering getting a tree so will be watching for an answer.  Good luck!! 

Are you going to setup your tree "flat" or round at bottom? Do u mind me asking if u r building custom or bought kit?

thx, Kevin

I am going to round att he bottom but it won't be 180 with only 12 strips. I am thinking it needs to be 6-10" between the ribbons at the bottom. I bought my kit from HOlidaycoro

I have a 12 strip ccr tree going on five years now  ,curved bottom I have tried  various spacing at bottom ,  now set my spacing at 12 inchs seems to work best for a lot of images  just my opnion.

3 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

I have a 12 strip ccr tree going on five years now  ,curved bottom I have tried  various spacing at bottom ,  now set my spacing at 12 inchs seems to work best for a lot of images  just my opnion.

Do you have some pictures of it that you wouldn't mind sharing?

1 hour ago, Dennis Laff said:

Sorry no pictures

1 hour ago, Dennis Laff said:

Sorry no pictures

How far out do you have the strands from the center pole

I built one last year.  The ribbons are about 11 inches apart at the bottom and about 2.5 inches apart at the top.  I initially laid it out a little wider, but IMO it looked better narrower.

• Like 1