Light-O-Rama Forums

sequences ending in .lcb

sysco

can anyone tell  me what program I can use to open a   sequence that ends in  .lcb    thank you 

Those are clipboard files. You open/edit them within the Sequence Editor / Saved Clipboards.

• 2 weeks later...

Don, when are those .lcb files created?   Must say I've never encountered on and just wonder when and how they get created.   Does the LOR software create and usually remove them like a temporary file may get created and deleted once you're done working on the original file?

I'm just curious as to where the .lcb file would come from and why it would still be there, since I've never encountered one.

.lcb files are created whenever you save a clipboard.  If you've never saved a clipboard, it's no surprise you haven't encountered one yet. 

Should you accidentally come across one, don't make any whooping noises, back away slowly without making eye contact, and you'll be just fine.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

I just tested this to make sure I knew the answer correctly.  In Sequence Editor if you save a clipboard, it will create a .lcb file in the clipboards folder.

To create a saved clipboard, copy whatever portion of a sequence that you want in a clipboard (select it and right click and select copy, or just type <ctrl> C.  That will save it wo the active clipboard in SE.  Then under clipboards in the tools section of SE, right click on the clipboard and select save clipboard.  It will ask for a filename.

• Like 1

I've shared a lot of .lcb clipboard files that are effects for a CCP/CCR. the way to use them is open the sequence editor load a song you want to add the effect to. Then click on the "add Clipboard Button under the tools side menu. it should default to the Clipboard folder and if you posted  the .lcb file to that folder you will see it. Add that to the clipboard menu. Then you can paste it to the sequence just like any other clipboard file. The reason I sent the effect as a clipboard file to people instead of a sequence is because as a clipboard file, when it is loaded into a sequence using "paste by cell", it will add the effect in time for your sequence. One of the effects I share a lot is the animated candy cane effect that I created to wrap around my roof line. some times I forget that some of us are not as privy on how all the sequencing tools work. sorry guys. The best part about the clipboard file is that no matter what song you add it to, if the timings are set right the effect will move in proper time. in the video below you cane see a great example of the animated candy cane effect along the roof line at the 2:35 mark. be well all.

Kenny

2 hours ago, Orville said:

Don, when are those .lcb files created?   Must say I've never encountered on and just wonder when and how they get created.   Does the LOR software create and usually remove them like a temporary file may get created and deleted once you're done working on the original file?

I'm just curious as to where the .lcb file would come from and why it would still be there, since I've never encountered one.

.lcb files are created when you save a clipboard of any section or part of a sequence that you copied into the clipboard. On the side tool menu you will notice a box labeled Clipboards. In this box you will see a header labeled Other Clipboards. when you right click on clipboard #1( this should be where your copied data will be) it will give you options and one option is save clipboard. when you click on this it will give you the option to name the clipboard. Name it and press OK. bingo you now have a saved .lcb file. to make sure it is there press the load clipboard button. you should find your newly created .lcb file in the list of files.  it's that easy to creat a .lcb file.

I generate effects in XLights as LCBs that last 30 seconds. Then I use LOR to import them and time them perfectly. I can create say, a 30 second sweep accross the house, that lasts 30 seconds and then use "stretch to fit" to make it the correct time. This also makes it a really high FPS and really smooth.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Cool.  Thanks for explanation folks and how to use it.  Going to have to give that a try, sounds like that could save me a lot of work on some sections that I use in different sequences, but just need to make some slight time stretch changes.     Learned something new I was unaware of how to use.

Thanks again!:D

On 7/14/2016 at 9:26 AM, George Simmons said:

.lcb files are created whenever you save a clipboard.  If you've never saved a clipboard, it's no surprise you haven't encountered one yet. 

Should you accidentally come across one, don't make any whooping noises, back away slowly without making eye contact, and you'll be just fine.

You're so funny George!  Love that last sentence! ROFLMAO

On July 14, 2016 at 0:02 PM, EmmienLightFan said:

I generate effects in XLights as LCBs that last 30 seconds. Then I use LOR to import them and time them perfectly. I can create say, a 30 second sweep accross the house, that lasts 30 seconds and then use "stretch to fit" to make it the correct time. This also makes it a really high FPS and really smooth.

Thank you for this bit of info. I've been playing with it and have been very happy so far. 

• The topic was locked