Light-O-Rama Forums

How has your display grown?

75redman

I thought it would be fun to see how each others displays have grown over the years.  Post picks or videos of your first year and a current year to see the difference.  Here are two videos of mine.  First is from 2012 (48 channels) and the second is 2015 (1020 channels).

• Like 1

Started in 2008.  First video I have is from 2010.

2008 was 16 channels, 2010 was 224 channels, 2015 was over 20,000. 

• Like 1

Here is a video from 2007. Didn't video my first year in 2006, probably a good thing.

Here is one from this past year, 2015

The video on the roof turned out great in Person. Little Drummer Boy was a great hit and video is about a little over half way into the sequence. 

Edited by Jeff Messer

This is embarrassing...First year LOR

Our display started in 2009 with a single lighted animal: a white elephant, which we put near our front door  No other outdoor decor at all other than wreaths in the windows.  The next year we added a lighted giraffe and penguins in a hot air balloon.  Then in 2011 we added lights on the bushes and trees.   After that, we added more and more each year.  In the pictures attached, it shows 2011, 2013 and 2015.  The 2015 picture doesn't show the lights we had for the light show, which included frames around the 2nd floor window, and even more lights on the trees on either side of the house.  If we had the budget, we'd bring in guys to line the roofline with lights, but not sure if we'll be able to do that this year since our budget is pretty much zero this year (even though now that we've run out of yard space we have no choice but to go UP with our display).

Our 2015 display:

xmas house 2015.jpg

Our 2013 display:

xmas house 2013.jpg

Our 2011 display - seems so empty now!

xmas house 2011.jpg

Edited by Jaynee

• The topic was locked