Light-O-Rama Forums

AlphaPix 16

gsmith37064

I have managed to get the IP address changed on my AlphaPix 16 and can get connect to it via the browser.

But when i turn it off it loses my config. How do you have changes on the AlphaPix 16?

I use the LCD to change the IP on the controller. But when I change the name i use Firefox. But nothing seems to save my changes.

After setting the IP address ensure you hit the "M" button to reset the board. That will reboot the board with the new setting.

1 hour ago, gsmith37064 said:

The board does reset but right back to default settings. Driving me nuts...

I'm pretty sure that Firefox is not compatible with the alphapix. That doesn't explain your difficulty changing things from the LCD screen though.

Mike

Just got off the phone with support. It seems firmware v2.03 has a bug in it. When you change the name of the controller via the web interface. It resets everything back to default.

They are working on getting a new firmware version out. They also said the browser version does not really matter. You can use IE or Firefox without a problem.

As of now I have my IP and settings changed and saved. :)

Hope this helps other people out that just received theirs as well.

Alphapix needs an exterminator it's full of all kinds of bugs. I bought one it now sits in a box. I replaced it with a Pixlite it doesn't have the fancy LCD screen butt it has a lot more configuration settings. I needed a controller with a little more flexibility and until I got my Alphapix in the mail and hooked it up I didn't realize how many features it was missing. Dave seems to be a nice guy but I think he really rushed this out onto the market way too soon and the firmware updates seem to be coming out to slow