Light-O-Rama Forums

Cat 5e

aesl1982

Do they make a coupler to connect two cat 5 cables together. And will it work with LOR. I have a 50 footer dropped from my roof from two controllers up there. But I need it to be 20' longer and don't wanna go back on roof lol.

Yes. They are very cheap all the way up to relatively cheap. I am sure they make water proof ones somewhere but I would still take extra precautions.

Yes. They are very cheap all the way up to relatively cheap. I am sure they make water proof ones somewhere but I would still take extra precautions.
thanks for the reply I'll go find one

Yeah they do, I use two of them with no problems every year on for my CCR Tree.  I put them in a plastic outlet box to keep out of the weather works great...

If the connection is outside, you also might want to spray some CorrosionX. It works wonders for me.
do they sell that in stores. No time for shipping

do they sell that in stores. No time for shipping

You may find it at an industrial supply store (like Grainger), a marine supply store, or an RV parts store. If you can't find any of those, you could always use WD-40. (The "WD" stands for "Water Displacement", so it may do what you need.)

I would think the non-conductive automotive grease could also be used.   It's what they use in automobile lamp sockets to keep them from rusting and deteriorating.   And I've used it in my L.E.D. replaceable light strand sockets for years now, and with great success.   Many of my strands are now going on 10+ years, all from Big Box stores!