Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Support Rocks

derekb

I know this is vague, but I had an issue with an LOR product and LOR support really took care of the issue right away. That's getting more and more rare these days. I am very impressed with their service. An already dedicated fan is now more of a fan! Thanks LOR Support!

Number of times accused of killing babies in Africa this week (so far): 3

Number of people who like us: 2

+7!  HEY!   This is shaping up to be a great week! [ The formula is ((Likes *5) - Accusations of Babies Killed) ]

Seriously:  You are welcome.  We won't give away the farm, but we do whatever we can to help - as long as you don't tell us we kill babies! :D

I know this is vague, but I had an issue with an LOR product and LOR support really took care of the issue right away. That's getting more and more rare these days. I am very impressed with their service. An already dedicated fan is now more of a fan! Thanks LOR Support!

I have to agree!  I've had 2 issues over the years, one just being recently.  They stepped  up and solved my problems promptly and diligently.  My only regret is I wish I had more money to spend on their products because they have earned it.

I also have to agree. I sent a request for help yesterday around 18:00hrs, had a reply by 19:00hrs. Wonderful service, thank you.

Agreed! Sent in a request to adjust seat licenses and within 12 hours my daughter was sequencing away...although she is away in college and there may be better uses of her time! Thanks LOR for awesome customer support! If you could only create more time in the day to get everything done......

I have to agree as well, I had a bad pixel on a CCP string I purchased and they sent a replacement out very quickly!

They are great, must have a staff of 100's to be able to answer the 1000's of help desk requests this time of year. And they do it so fast! Used to waiting days for a help desk answer. Here it can come in just a couple hours.

Not to mention addressing issues on the forums all the time. And decorating their own houses.

Wouldn't have my new pixels working this year if not for them.

OK, I know it's probably a half dozen anemic Elves who haven't seen the sun since September. But they sure act like its 100's :)

There are only 2 of us who answer about 85% of the help desk tickets.  The other 15% are usually things like order status, parts requests, etc... which we forward over to the right people.  You'll most likely get either me or Chuck if you open a ticket.  We try to answer help desk tickets from 7AM to 11PM M-F during this time of year.  During business hours, we try to respond to tickets within an hour (usually more like 10 minutes).  My average service time is 3.1 hours (the total time a ticket is open and in my queue), and my average response time is 12 minutes.  I love stats.

We also pick up tickets on weekends, usually 4 or 5 times a day.

There are 4 of us who answer phones.  Well, 3 and then me.  Dan, Mary and Brian G all get the initial ring and then they send them to me if needed.  All 4 of us are on the phone solid 10-4 usually from End of September through the first week of December.  I think Britt is on the phone this time of year as well, and people like to call Chuck directly too.

... and did I neglect to say that I still have all my regular programming work to do :P  And Mary has all of her normal ordering, invoicing, and bill pay duties?  And Dan has all his..  whatever Dan does duties? :P

For the forums I check in a few times a day, but I tend to allow the members to answer.  If I see something that looks like only I can answer, I will jump in.  Bob checks in occasionally, and Don is here a LOT trying to keep things in order.  Don probably has the most thankless job of all of us.  He has to walk a fine line of banning people or asking them to calm down - both of which get him called nasty names.  Be nice to Don.

And please don't forget all the other Elves who chip in.  Brian and Matt help out with SuperStar and Pixel Editor respectively.  Repair is swamped and replying to RMA status requests.  And the interns.  And the assemblers.  The fork lift driver.  

• The topic was locked