Light-O-Rama Forums

Why Pay when you can learn for Free

ezimnow

• 2 weeks later...

Well you are correct, these are some good tutorials for sure.

And agreed, John - thanks a million for sharing.

But to answer your question of why pay;

I say some can learn by watching, but in a group setting, as discussed in the SequenceU RGB class last night, sometimes being able to stop and ask a particular question at that exact moment makes all the difference. Or, again discussed last night, you didn't know what question to ask, but someone else did know and asked it.

Thanks George....

IMHO, both tutorials and class settings have their places.

Thanks Daniel for the kind words.  I'm glad you're getting at least something out of the sequencing sessions.  :)

I, too, am a big fan of John Storms' sequencing videos.  I recommend them to anyone/everyone who hasn't seen them, and I've been doing that for a long time.  The same with LOR's tutorials and how-to videos.

The advantage I see in conducting live sessions is the interaction.  I've been instructing for quite a few years, and I learned long ago that "students" will tell you how effective your presentation is by their questions.  I also have learned that often (quite often actually) a person is just a quick answer to a small question or two away from grasping the entire concept.  Those are the ones I especially like when the lightbulb suddenly turn on.

Not everyone learns the same way.  Having choices allows people to find what works best for them.   

Well you are correct, these are some good tutorials for sure.

And agreed, John - thanks a million for sharing.

But to answer your question of why pay;

I say some can learn by watching, but in a group setting, as discussed in the SequenceU RGB class last night, sometimes being able to stop and ask a particular question at that exact moment makes all the difference. Or, again discussed last night, you didn't know what question to ask, but someone else did know and asked it.

Thanks George....

IMHO, both tutorials and class settings have their places.

Thanks Daniel for the kind words.  I'm glad you're getting at least something out of the sequencing sessions.  :)

I, too, am a big fan of John Storms' sequencing videos.  I recommend them to anyone/everyone who hasn't seen them, and I've been doing that for a long time.  The same with LOR's tutorials and how-to videos.

The advantage I see in conducting live sessions is the interaction.  I've been instructing for quite a few years, and I learned long ago that "students" will tell you how effective your presentation is by their questions.  I also have learned that often (quite often actually) a person is just a quick answer to a small question or two away from grasping the entire concept.  Those are the ones I especially like when the lightbulb suddenly turn on.

Not everyone learns the same way.  Having choices allows people to find what works best for them.   

Very well stated gentlemen.  Holy crap, did I just call both of a gentleman???   My bad!

Edited by shfr26