Light-O-Rama Forums

Horizontal Matrix Squeences

godman

I'm wanting to do a horizontal matrix for a CCR/Pixel display this year and was wondering where can I purchase them? I see some on WOW lights but there pretty pricey. Does anyone else sell/share horizontal Matrix Sequences?

Thanks in advance!

I think you can build one for less than buying one wherever they might be available from. I spoke to Robert at holidaysequences.com and he said he's thinking about doing some sequences for them but for now, he's busy working on custom sequences, then will be working on new ones to put up for sale. I think its all a matter of how many people show an interest in a matrix display as opposed to the time needed to do them vs the projected financial income from them.

I'm trying to figure out how to do a very dense or high-pixel count matrix and run actual video into it. Even better, I know we can do a 3D environment of pixels, hardware-wise but figuring out how to get a 3D image into it, the technology/software doesn't exist. So think of it this way, create a matrix and hang it. Then create say, 12 more and hang them behind the first one, all identical. Now you have a 3D matrix and it would be easy to wire it all up to pixel controllers. The technology would have to create the 3D image on the outsides, turning off the pixels on the insides of the 3D model, sort of like an ACAD rendering. I'm sure someone like George Lucas or Disney has it figured out, but not me.