Light-O-Rama Forums

Things Change from Superstar to Export to LOR Editor

jimswinder

Have sequenced a song in Superstar and everything looks fine, but when I export it to the LOR Sequencer, things change...it has added colors and no longer is correct.

What might cause this to happen?

Jim, if you're using CCDs, then the colors will be correct on the actual device. It has something to do with the code and how SS exports. Brian explained it one time several years ago.

If you're using aftermarket pixels and E1.31 or such, there is a box to click in SS under "Tools"-->"Configuration". At the top right, check the box, "Export Raw Color Values". When a white for example is exported, it will now be white instead of pink. Is that what you're seeing?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Did a search and found this thread. I just exported a SS sequence to SE and I see some effects, actually really cool effects that somehow got dropped off. These were shockwaves and fan effects. Not sure of the shockwaves but I do know the fans were pretty fast effects so not sure if that has any reason for them not to be in Sequence Editor.

Right now everything is set as CCR's even the visualizer. I will be using 2811 square pixels with an e682 via e1.31 on aux1 network. There are 16 strings that will be folded at halfway point and spaced out at top to form a matrix. So once everything looks good as CCR's I'll import the Vegomatic channel config into a new sequence and copy the CCR effects after deleting the 7 macros.

The majority of the exported sequence works fine. I can watch it in the visualizer and the scenes, morphs and animations work fine. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

Al

Edited by Al Saunders

I didn't do either. While in Superstar I exported the sequence to Sequence Editor, openned it up and played it. Removing the macro channels didn't do anything either. I haven't copied or pasted anything. Towards the beginning of the sequence some shockwaves work but further in none of the smooth effects work. I will say the whole sequence is about 12 minutes long because it's a compelation of songs I made in Audacity so the file is large but no auto sequence that has a ton of commands.

Not sure what is happening. email the superstar sequence and your visualization to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it

The sequence file will be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / SuperStar / Sequences

The visualization file will be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Visuzlizations / Editor

You can try sending the exported file, but you will want to zip it up first, and even then it may be too large. Many email systems will not allow more than a 10mb file in an attachement

Thanks Brian. I will email it. The Sup file looks to be 4,472KB and the visualization is only 63KB so I should be good. :D

Thanks,

Al

To anyone that had been following this post, Brian fiqured out that my S3 version was an older one. He suggested updating and in doing so it also updated my SS version. There was a problem with smooth effects being exported to SE after about 4:30 into a song. I did as he suggested and the entire SS sequence smooth effects and all transfered to SE! So again, thanks Brian for your help!

Later,

Al