Light-O-Rama Forums

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Robin

Okl received a call today from the Assistant to someone that I used one of their songs last year in my show. She wanted to know if I had a video like my Dueling Banjos. I told here that I had given my only copy to Greg Young who promised to return it. Well never got it back so assume that he forgot.

So I told her that I would rework it to fit this year's display.

I think they want to do something with it for promotions but not sure. Anyway should not be too difficult as I already did it once and can just copy and paste and expand on some things.

Would you guys do it?

Guest wbottomley

Robin wrote:

Okl received a call today from the Assistant to someone that I used one of their songs last year in my show. She wanted to know if I had a video like my Dueling Banjos. I told here that I had given my only copy to Greg Young who promised to return it. Well never got it back so assume that he forgot.

So I told her that I would rework it to fit this year's display.

I think they want to do something with it for promotions but not sure. Anyway should not be too difficult as I already did it once and can just copy and paste and expand on some things.

Would you guys do it?

Robin... look at it this way, free pr!:)

I would do it again.

Robin,

I would but thats just me. let me ask you this do see any down sides to this.

you only get to go around once in this world as my grandpa always said, so I'd go for it. Hope you don't mind my 2 cents.

The only thing I would add is from an intellectual property standpoint. If they plan to sell their song for a commercial for another product, you might want some piece of that pie. I would ask what the useage would be and get an agreement (in writing, email works just fine) that it would be restricted to that. Get a lawyer to draw something up if it would be bigger than that.

I know we all "give this away" each year, but when someone uses your product for free to make money, it can sting a bit later on, even if you don't think it will at first.

Well I am working on the song now. These are good people and not your typical music crowd. Man the song is Santa's Gone NASCAR!!

Singer is Brent Burns and he is along the lines of Jimmy Buffett except I like Brent!

He comes to our town a couple of times a year and sings in this old fish house on the river. The place is very popular anyway but when he comes to town it is slammed.

Already told her that I would rework the song but it would be after Thanksgiving before I could video it.

I thought I read in Gregs post that he would not return any video unless you ask. What I started doing last year was to store a copyof all the video on an external hard drive. This way I can burn all the DVD's I want. I just use the dvd program that came with the computer and windows movie maker. They're very easy to learn

Yes you did but we had an agreement since I was only able to get one video completed before the cut off.

Now I ask you, just what does that have to do with my question.

Wait let me guess, nothing!

Thanks for the imput.

Robin wrote:

Yes you did but we had an agreement since I was only able to get one video completed before the cut off.

Now I ask you, just what does that have to do with my question.

Wait let me guess, nothing!

Thanks for the imput.

told here that I had given my only copy to Greg Young who promised to return it. Well never got it back so assume that he forgot.

I knew I threw in my two cents a reason :)

Exactly what I meant. Greg and I had long conversation concering the disc. Glad you were able to listen on it. Oh and once again what exactly does that have to do with my post?

End of conversation.

Robin:

I mailed your DVD (only the one we talked about - not the CD, or the other DVD you sent me) back to you, sometime in early March, when I mailed out 3 others submissions whose authors wanted back as well.

Yours was sent in a padded envelope, not a DVD mailer (as I only have double DVD mailers).

I never received anything back as undeliverable, so I assumed you (and the others for that matter) all received their tapes, etc.

This is the first time I heard someone did not receive something I mailed out, but anything is possible these days.

Sorry to hear that you didn't receive it!:)

Greg

You know I never said NOT getting it back was a problem. I always assumed Greg forgot. I never blamed Greg, justy mentioned why I did not have a CD of my show.

Truth be known I can not video stuff. It took me five weeks to get something and it still sucked. So I had to rush it in the mail to meet the deadline.

What I wanted to know was if you would take the time to re-sequence a song that last year had 268 channels and this year has over 400?

That's it!!

Then someone who had no business posting squat because he did not address my question get's me all ticked off and then brings Greg into it.

For God's sake I wish I had never asked the stupid question in the first place. To be honest was just trying to take all the cry babies minds off the release of LORII.

Sorry Greg it was not meant as an insult or any thing in that manner. I did not get the CD as you must know by now. However, this year if I can not get someone to do the video for me then I will not submit anything.

Thanks you did a great job on my stuff.

Robin wrote:

Sorry Greg it was not meant as an insult or any thing in that manner. I did not get the CD as you must know by now. However, this year if I can not get someone to do the video for me then I will not submit anything.

Thanks you did a great job on my stuff.

No problem Robin, I did not take it as an insult! If you were upset with me, I would know that!;)

I just feel bad that you never received it, especially as I made sure to mail that back to you (it went first class), as I know you needed it!:(

Later,

Greg

I thought I read in Gregs post that he would not return any video unless you ask. What I started doing last year was to store a copyof all the video on an external hard drive. This way I can burn all the DVD's I want. I just use the dvd program that came with the computer and windows movie maker. They're very easy to learn

If this post got you mad, then you should chill out. Get mad at important things. I have enjoyed reading your post over the last few weeks about LOR II. I didnt like the cry babie comment. I blame LOR for leading people on for over a year. I use LOR I and will change over when LOR II is ready.

Shawn

So Shawn, who asked you?

Here is the deal. You do what you want with your copies. There was a reason I had only one and I don't need to explain it to you or anyone else. I asked a specific question and you choose to post what was posted early on and was addressed. Maybe, just maybe you should read the entire thread before you go off and stick your foot in your mouth.

Dan did not lead us on. I guess when Microsoft delays their new operating system they are leading people on? Problems happen and for you to state that you or others were lead on is not only wrong it is just a sad statement of your character.

Yes, I posted late only because I read it late. It seemed you were jumping on someone who did not deserve it. Then a broad statement was thrown in about cry babies. I like Dan and his company and will continue to buy from him. I was just giving my opinion. Even Dan on many occasions has said he should not have said anything about the release of LOR II. His words not mine. This forum is for positive post, thats why many of us are here. I know you did not ask for my opinion and I did not post it to start a fire. I just think,unless people attack others then post should be postive. Heck we all have the same thing on our minds.(Christmas)

Have fun and be calm

Shawn

Well unless I am mistaken this is NOT PC. Quite frankly had you read ALL the posts you would have seen that the reason this thread went the way it did was because of a person who did the same thing you are doing right now. Greg and I are friends and still are till this day. However, I was just giving back ground information as to what the question I had concerning resequencing a song from last year for the author and the singer.

Yet some will take three or four words and make a federal case out of it. In fact, it amazes me that those who are the newest people on any site thinks they can come in and be the moral voice for others who are perfectly able to take care of themselves. Maybe, just maybe you should reply to the question which of course you still have not given your opinion on that issue. I would like opinions on the question the other opinions I could care less about and that includes yours.