Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio output level software

Wayne K

Is anyone running any kind of audio software to keep there output volume the same with different songs? It seems like every time I do a new song, I never get the volume quite the same. Like from last year to this year. I write down my settings, and it allways seams like I am a little louder or a little softer.

Thanks

Wayne

Dont forget Audacity to create the constant Bitrate, then MP3GAIN to make the volume consistant across your songs!

Audacity and MP3Gain used here as well. I run the audio file through Audacity first to get the CBR MP3 and then through MP3Gain for the level. I put a designation on the audio file names I modified so they would be easy to recognize as altered from original (and ready for sequencing). For procedural purposes and to avoid potential timing issues, this is all done prior to sequencing. Has worked like a charm.

I have run mine throught adobe audition to normalize all songs used in a show, it is nice it samples all music and averages the amplitude of everything. As a secondary precaution I have a Compressor/Limitor hooked up on the output of my computer prior to my transmitter. Helps while running zara during the day.

I think MP3 gain did the job, As I have listen to the small speakers here in the house on the computer and think all of my show songs now seem pretty even.

Thanks

Wayne