Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone know this guy?

George Simmons

I've recently been defrauded by someone in Texas (you may have seen it on Facebook) and I'm working with law enforcement to remedy that situation. The local Chief of Police asked me if I knew of anyone else who was also defrauded by this individual. I don't, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were others. Maybe someone here knows something helpful.

I'm asking anyone with information on this individual, or with information about anyone defrauded by this individual to contact me either by PM, or better yet, by email. I don't wish to stir anything up publicly in the forum. George at ClearwaterLights dot org will work just fine. If you wish to contact law enforcement directly let me know and I can give you contacts and phone numbers.

The individual's name is Dexter Haynes, aka Dexter Williams. He lived in Johnson City, Texas and has recently moved to Austin, Tx. He has been involved with a display known as Hill Country Christmas Lights.

Thanks for the help.

Thank you.

George Simmons wrote:

Actually I only meant to say thanks once. Damn edit button...

working on a crack code for you, on getting to edit George. I'll send you the bix codes I got so far. see if you can crack it.

I know how you feel. I have a friend sitting on 280 dollars worth of stuff from Mackie sense November. In Febuary he said it was ordered through a distributor. Week after week I hear the excuses. So I called mackie directly. Oh yah we have thousands of those on hand. Call back to my friend bla bla bla. I call the distributor they say its mackie dropped the ball. I cant believe people when you pay them and get nothing. Now my aka friend is yelling at me for calling the distributor in chicago. I gave him non rev prices for flying and he got me dealer cost on his stuff. I guess next time I will strand him in a country and say I will get back to you 5 months later. Im done venting today.

George
Did the police give you any options on this? I am dealing with a very simular situation with a racing parts supplier in California. They sent me the parts I ordered and when we got them they were machined wrong. When I called him he said that there jig setup must have moved and to send them back to them. He told me to send them next day air and he would replace the parts asap and send them back to me next day air. Well that was a year ago and still no parts. $3300.00 and of course $234.00 to send back next day air. I am not sure what can be done. I would guess to initiate a law suite would probably start eating that amount of money up. It just ##sses me off when there are people out there that do this to people who order stuff in good faith and I had used his products for years.