Light-O-Rama Forums

What is a seat on your license

John (oldandslow)

I am trying to figure out if I need to download a upgrade to my software and I noticed that you will not use a seat. What is that. I ahve S2 Ver 2.3.8

I have my software loaded and run on a desk top. Can I put it on my newly purchased laptop so I can see and make changes outside as the sequence runs?

Think of a seat as, "The number of computers on which you can install the LOR software."

Upgrading a computer from one version to another does not use a seat. Installing to a new computer does use a seat.

If you are installing LOR on one or two computers and ever run into an error related to your license (ie, it says you are out of seats) simply email support, and they will fix the problem.

Thanks for the reply. My first try at this and lost a few pounds running in and out. I had 3 songs.

This year I want 10 songs and would like to legally put it on my laptop to sequence and then run the show on the desktop computer.

John,

Make sure you keep both PCs updated to the same version of the software, and make sure you keep your audio and lms files in the exact same directory on both PCs and you should have no problems at all transferring things back and forth.