Light-O-Rama Forums

Sale Page Broken!

JoelSturman

Sale page is broken for the FEB10-CTB16PC-COMPLETE. I was on the page hitting reload until the sale started. I put 4 in the cart, had them in the yahoo checkout. Put in the information, and then it told me they were not available. That SUCKS!

There is no one to call and the page was showing that you could still order them, but the yahoo cart would say unavailable. The first time through it showed the quantity at 500. Am I to believe that 500 of them sold in less than 7 minutes? At 15 minutes the page was updated to say they were sold out.

Needless to say, I am upset! I had waited for this sale since October, have a burned out channel and not received a response from support. I am about to turn into one of those complaining customers!

I know, I guess I will wait for the summer sale. What really angers me, is that the updated quantity was in my cart. This may be a problem with Yahoo shopping cart. It should hang onto them until you cancel the order or time out. I know I was one of the very first to get them, I had them in the cart within seconds of the sale starting.

Dan's note, right on the top of the sale page

"When an item is sold out you will not be able to add it to your shopping cart but be warned: The store also checks inventory levels when you checkout so even if you add an item to your cart it may sellout before you check out. When you add an item to the cart the current inventory level will be displayed in your shopping cart display window."

Guest wbottomley

bwaldrep wrote:

Dan's note, right on the top of the sale page

"When an item is sold out you will not be able to add it to your shopping cart but be warned: The store also checks inventory levels when you checkout so even if you add an item to your cart it may sellout before you check out. When you add an item to the cart the current inventory level will be displayed in your shopping cart display window."

And that was stated on the forums too.

Yep....same problem here. Had a couple of items in my cart (CTB16PC Assembled Complete Package) at about 2 minutes after the sale started. By the time I typed in all the required information including card credit information and clicked the final step, there were all gone. Seems like LOR could have provided some time limit to complete the sales transaction before the items were put back on the shelf (i.e. like TicketMaster has a 3 minute time limit to complete the transaction). So, in the end, I purchased the "READY TO GO" package.......so what's another $40 in the overall scheme of things.

Same thing happened to me. Except I had another problem with the shipping calculator, it would not recognize my address in Canada and by the time it let me proceed all the items were gone so I cancelled the rest of my order.

friskybri wrote:

So just wondering. How many cosmic ribbons where up for sale at the start of the sale?

I guess only Dan knows for sure, but I was there a few seconds after the sale started and there were 60 when I put one in my cart. I checked out about one minute later, then sat for a couple minutes thinking, and went back to get another and they were gone. As someone already mentioned, if it was a Walmart there definitely would have ben bodies on the floor...

I think he said elsewhere there were around 500 of each item up for sale. I would assume that CCR was one of those.

500 or even 200 ccr's was alot and to be gone in 2 minutes WOW:shock: I have a cool idea for next years clearance sale. I bet we could set a record. make it a 1/2 hour unlimited sale. I bet LOR would be backed up for 3 months recovering from that.

There were 60 available at the start of the sale by the time i checked out they were all sold, it took less than 2 minutes to sell all the CCRs. I feel i was very lucky that I was able to get 8 of them to outline my roof and gutters :(

Looks like LOR are now flat out processing the orders and are a bit backlogged as you would expect. My order is still under review but the money has come off the credit card so its now just a matter of waiting for these great toys to be processed and shipping cost to be worked out.

Hope the extension ribbons will be released soon and then ill be set.

Im glad that this was an online sale as it would have been like a new years sale stampede with people being trampled and heads rolling everywhere.

Guest wbottomley

friskybri wrote:

500 or even 200 ccr's was alot and to be gone in 2 minutes WOW:shock:   I have a cool idea for next years clearance sale.   I bet we could set a record.   make it a 1/2 hour unlimited sale.   I bet LOR would be backed up for 3 months recovering from that. 

Hummm.... now that sounds like fun! :(

Now here is a thought, a bit twisted.

Have a sale, like said, 1/2 hr, but we get to set the price. User would input a fare value for the unit purchased. Than LOR would have a set low price of weather or not your order was excepted. If your request was denied, you would only have one more chance of a re-bid. After that, you would be locked out.

I said it was twisted :(

JoelSturman wrote:

Sale page is broken for the FEB10-CTB16PC-COMPLETE. I was on the page hitting reload until the sale started. I put 4 in the cart, had them in the yahoo checkout. Put in the information, and then it told me they were not available. That SUCKS!

There is no one to call and the page was showing that you could still order them, but the yahoo cart would say unavailable. The first time through it showed the quantity at 500. Am I to believe that 500 of them sold in less than 7 minutes? At 15 minutes the page was updated to say they were sold out.

Needless to say, I am upset! I had waited for this sale since October, have a burned out channel and not received a response from support. I am about to turn into one of those complaining customers!

I had the same problem too. BUT! Call them! Mary is great in helping to take care of any issues.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

JoelSturman wrote:

I had the same problem too. BUT! Call them! Mary is great in helping to take care of any issues.

Had to be quick checking out!

You have to be quick, in and out in less than a minute, got what I needed then went back for the stuff I didn't need immediately, Good thing! they where already sold out

Dan has already apologized for Yahoo's shopping cart:

UPDATE: Over 400 orders in the first 5 minutes of the sale!
Sale items sold much faster than we expected leading to disappointment for many. To add to the frustration, as described above the Yahoo Store framework (used by Light-O-Rama) handles inventory control very poorly. The store allows you to add an item to your shopping cart but does not count it sold until you complete your transaction. Thus, even if there is enough inventory to place an item in your shopping cart it may not be available when you checkout.