Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't init conversion

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

Just downloaded a new song going to be my signature tune I can use the tapper wizard but when I try the beat wizard this is what comes up on my computer Can't init conversion I am have the updated version of LOR any ideas why this is happening??

Tried other sequences and the beat wizard is working on them maybe it is my song choice I don't get it

Guest Don Gillespie

Song is an MP3 from I-Tunes

I downloaded the song off of my lap top e-mailed to my main LOR computer just like have done with most of my other songs I did check to see if I could use the beat wizard and the vu wizard with all of my other sequences and I can for the life of me I can not get this particular sequence to respond to the other wizard controls

I do strongly recommend converting the audio using audacity or something. Among other things, this one file may have different copy protection settings than your other files, and converting it in audacity would likely strip those settings.

Guest Don Gillespie

KLB wrote I do strongly recommend converting the audio using audacity or something. Among other things, this one file may have different copy protection settings than your other files, and converting it in audacity would likely strip those settings.

Ok I will try that now the question I have is I have downloaded Audacity onto my computer what do I do next or how do I covert the song I have never used Audacity before?? :?

You also need to download the LAME editor to encode files to MP3. There should have been a link for that right next to where you downloaded Audacity from.

Don Gillespie wrote:

Song is an MP3 from I-Tunes

If you downloaded it from iTunes, it is not an MP3 file but an iTunes MP4 file

You need to convert it to anothjer format..such as a WAV or MP3 file.

Guest Don Gillespie

It is converted to an MP3 file I have done all of my music from I-tunes and they have all been converted the same way they are all an MP3 file I just don't understand why thew LOR won't allow the wiard to work I can get the tapper wizard but not the others

Don Gillespie wrote:

It is converted to an MP3 file I have done all of my music from I-tunes and they have all been converted the same way they are all an MP3 file I just don't understand why thew LOR won't allow the wiard to work I can get the tapper wizard but not the others

Can you send the file to one of us to try?

jimswinder@hotmail.com

Guest Don Gillespie

Well with my luck this would be the song, I have sent the file to jimswinder for him to look at I am trying to keep this sequence under the radar because if I can pull it off I think it is going to look pretty neat, :cool:

Don Gillespie wrote:

Well with my luck this would be the song, I have sent the file to jimswinder for him to look at I am trying to keep this sequence under the radar because if I can pull it off I think it is going to look pretty neat, :cool:

Hey Don...

I was not able to get the beat wizard to work on the song you sent me either. But I did try converting it again to a MP3, and was able to get it to work...so maybe it was just corrupted some how. Check your email.

Guest Don Gillespie

I was not able to get the beat wizard to work on the song you sent me either. But I did try converting it again to a MP3, and was able to get it to work...so maybe it was just corrupted some how. Check your email.

My e-mail is ok it might be a bad down load from I-tunes I will try to down laod it again and try it thanks for your input I will let you know what happens

Guest Don Gillespie

Jim wrote

You need to convert it to another format..such as a WAV or MP3 file.

Can anyone tell me how to convert to a wave file when I down load from I-tunes the file comes as an AAC file, I convert to a MP3 file right away but I am not sure how to convert to a wave file

Don Gillespie wrote:

My e-mail is ok it might ...

LOL...I meant check your email for the MP3 I had converted that worked.

I sent it to you. :cool:

• 8 months later...

I have this same problem and am not able to figure it out. Both files I am trying today say MP3 file but I keep getting the message -- Can't init conversion. All other songs have worked fine.

Any suggestions?

I have this same problem and am not able to figure it out. Both files I am trying today say MP3 file but I keep getting the message -- Can't init conversion. All other songs have worked fine.

Any suggestions?