Light-O-Rama Forums

Wireless Connectors for LOR

mmais68569

I found these wireless connectors on Ebay & was wondering if anyone had used them or anything similar. It is tough trying to give up $249 for the ones LOR sells if these will or something similar will work. I think this has been kicked around before but no firm answers to being used.

Thanks Mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250529925812&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The LOR ELL defaults to 56K, while the ones you linked max out at 19.2K... Not sure how much impact that will have. Also the ones you link won't work for triggers, as they appear to be unidirectional, while the LOR ones run both directions.

Probably no firm answer because either nobody has actually tried it, or nobody has gotten as far as results they care to share yet.

The Ell's are bullet proof. It's one of those things, you wouldn't use a Toyota part in your GM Vehicle. It might be cheaper and it "might" work but, in the long run your better off to buy the LOR Part.

I've got 3 Ell's and they work flawlessly. I've also setup 14 of them in an installation and never had a single problem with any of them!!!!

-Evan

NWSanta wrote:

The Ell's are bullet proof. It's one of those things, you wouldn't use a Toyota part in your GM Vehicle. It might be cheaper and it "might" work but, in the long run your better off to buy the LOR Part.

I've got 3 Ell's and they work flawlessly. I've also setup 14 of them in an installation and never had a single problem with any of them!!!!

-Evan

I agree with Evan the ELLs are expensive but the way to go.

I have used them in both Halloween shows and they work flawlessly! And you can run them off 2 lantern batteries!!!! (well, indirectly)

2008:

2009: