Light-O-Rama Forums

What if you had an unlimited budget?

chuckd

Jeff Millard wrote:

Orville wrote:
The maximum number of LOR controllers and then repeat at least 4 more times....

I had to read that about 4 times before it sank in. (medication effect blocking my senses) In the words of some crazy Cable Guy, "Now dat dere's funny!"

Jeff

Jeff, just think of the headache trying to synchronize all that together! I think it'd make your brain explode or would that be implode? LOL

jimswinder wrote:

EDIT: Jeff...if I win the lottery tonight, I'll buy you the controllers...so how many do you NEED? lol

Jeff Millard wrote:

Aw crap, I forgot to ask for millions of feet of SPT1 and vampire plugs...

Hey Jeff...Great news!! I won $3 last night...I can get you a couple of vampire plugs!!

jimswinder wrote:

Hey Jeff...Great news!! I won $3 last night...I can get you a couple of vampire plugs!!

Ah, so now you're playing favorites, eh? I didn't see any offer to share your wealth with me. I need LED's every bit as much as Jeff needs vampire plugs!

George Simmons wrote:

Ah, so now you're playing favorites, eh? I didn't see any offer to share your wealth with me. I need LED's every bit as much as Jeff needs vampire plugs!

Jeff was the only one who asked...

The squeaky wheel gets the controllers...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chuck, I think laser lighting is in order. My idea is take a high powered multi colored laser and make a mega tree with it at the top pointing down in a circular motion. Of course you would need a license to operate the laser and a haze or fog machine in the base of the tree so the light would show up. We live near Daytona Beach airport so I can't shine the laser up in the sky. I am looking into doing this for next year.

I would want to get a full section of land and decorate 640 acres. I would need my own power transformers (7 of them to start with) on the property. 640 acres of bush with no house on it.

I would buy another 640 acres adjacent to the 1st 640 acres to build a 2 story house on, that will house all the people that will work for me. The house would be 320 acres in size and the hallways would be big enough to run golf carts up and down.

I would have many storage building to house all the lights and decorations and what not.

Now the 640 acres that is to be decorated would be a walk/drive threw display or people can hop on a train and view the display. Under the main display will be a underground display to house the indoor Christmas exhibits . The under ground exhibit will be 160 acres in size. There will be food establishments as will to satisfy the thirst and hunger of folks.

I would like a 1 hour fireworks display that will be synchronized to music that would go of nightly at 10:00pm. The show would run from Nov.1st to Jan.15th from 5:00pm to 12:00pm nightly, but the 2 weeks leading up to Christmas the display will be open from dusk to dawn.

All donations people make will go to charities.

I would however max out my channel capacity right off the bat. I will go with 100 million lights the 1st year I open and then add on from there. I figure that in 3 years time I will add another 640 acres and with 100 million lights to start with as well.

There will be professional hockey going on ever other night for peoples enjoyment. I will fly in the Queen of England and the Prim-minister of Canada for the opening and closing ceremonies.

Celebrities like Brad Pitt, Kenny Chesney, Terri Clark, Nickleback, etc will be there nightly to serve the people.

Naturally, all the mega trees will be natural, and hopefully there will be natural arches from fallen trees etc. If it can be dreamed and manufactured and would look good in the display it will be there.

I would like to add that all viewers who come to see the display will be given a 14 carrot gold pin with the display logo on it. There well be weekly winners while the show runs that will win a brand new house that will be 7 acres in size with a 7 acre front yard that will be fully decorated each year for life.

I forgot to mention that the second 640 acres will have an underground amusement park.

I will have my own police force to watch over everything.

This will do for starters.

Guest Don Gillespie

Well not quite as big as Scott I think I would move to some where warm and hire peasants to put up my display and take it down wait a minute why do we have to take it down, leave it up all year and really aggravate my wife ya thats it LOL :D

I'd keep my display as it is but I'd pay everyone that saw it to say that it was the, "best I've ever seen, far and above the rest". I figure that's less work.

D&G Gillespie wrote:

Well not quite as big as Scott I think I would move to some where warm and hire peasants to put up my display and take it down wait a minute why do we have to take it down, leave it up all year and really aggravate my wife, ya that's it LOL :D

Actually maybe I will buy all the islands out of the 1000 islands in the Saint Laurence water way that belong to Canada and decorate them.

I wonder if they would sell me Australia?

I was also thinking that I could buy everyone's Christmas display in North America "House and all" and let people live there for free and give everyone maximum channels, 7,000,000 lights each, a few power transformers, and all the help you need to decorate.

Since I would have unlimited resources why not go for broke.

lightzilla wrote:

I'm sure they would sell you some prime real estate in the middle of the country... :D

EDIT:

You could make a Light Show just for the guys in the Space Station...

Lightzilla:

In the immortal words of somebody . . .

"Build it, and they will come."

(Okay, I know it's from "Field of Dreams", but that's baseball and has nothing to do with hockey.)

Cray

jimswinder wrote:

lightzilla wrote:

I'm sure they would sell you some prime real estate in the middle of the country... :D

EDIT:

You could make a Light Show just for the guys in the Space Station...

I would leave that Space Station project in your hands, I am scared of heights. :D

My first post is the one I would like to do.

In the reality world I cannot afford a new controller this year nor anymore lights.........at least job security says that.

So I stay with 176 channels and 22,000 lights for another year.......so it would seem at this time. O K by me.

lightzilla wrote;

I would leave that Space Station project in your hands, I am scared of heights. :D

LOL...I meant you could have enough lights down here on earth that the guys up in space could see it... lol

Guess it's not that funny if you have to explain it... lol

jimswinder wrote:

lightzilla wrote;
I would leave that Space Station project in your hands, I am scared of heights. :)

LOL...I meant you could have enough lights down here on earth that the guys up in space could see it... lol

Guess it's not that funny if you have to explain it... lol

Well I thought that was what you meant, but I choose to go the other direction.

I heard stories (even here in Alberta) where people have claimed to see a house all lite up at 20,000 feet.

lightzilla wrote:

I heard stories (even here in Alberta) where people have claimed to see a house all lite up at 20,000 feet.

Yeah...but my Ramsey won't transmit quite that far!!! :)