Light-O-Rama Forums

Super easy question, probably dummy on my part

NWSanta

Hey All,

So I'm not use to this setup as I have my PC Directly connected to the Units via a USB Rs485 adapter but, I'm working on something for the city can u believe they are just getting it ready now??? ANYWAYS,

My question is this:
Can you plug the USB/RS485 adapter directly into the DC-MP3 card if you remove the SD Card and connection to the first Controller?
I guess I would need to leave it connected to the first controller as it's powered by the first Controller. I couldn't find a picture of it connected to a PC On the internet...

The second question is
Do you have to set a unit ID on the Director Card?

I read the manual up and down but, just wanted to be sure this would work. All I'm trying to do is set the Time on the Director Card. The SD Card is prepped and the Controllers are out in the field so it should just be plug and play after this? (Fingers Crossed)

Thanks
-Evan

Guest wbottomley

NWSanta wrote:

Hey All,

So I'm not use to this setup as I have my PC Directly connected to the Units via a USB Rs485 adapter but, I'm working on something for the city can u believe they are just getting it ready now??? ANYWAYS,

My question is this:
Can you plug the USB/RS485 adapter directly into the DC-MP3 card if you remove the SD Card and connection to the first Controller?
I guess I would need to leave it connected to the first controller as it's powered by the first Controller. I couldn't find a picture of it connected to a PC On the internet...

The second question is
Do you have to set a unit ID on the Director Card?

I read the manual up and down but, just wanted to be sure this would work. All I'm trying to do is set the Time on the Director Card. The SD Card is prepped and the Controllers are out in the field so it should just be plug and play after this? (Fingers Crossed)

Thanks
-Evan

Evan... disconnect the adapter. It will get power from the first controller. Just make sure the first controller is close.

That rotary switch means several things. Determine what version of firmware it has then use that switch to run your show.

Manual--page 12: http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/DC-MP3_Man_Web.pdf

Hey Mountain,

So according to the Manual this is what has to be :

This section describes how to use the Hardware
Utility to set the DC-MP3’s real time clock via the
RS485 adapter. You must have the following:
• At least version 2 of the DC-MP3 firmware, see the section DC-MP3 Firmware Versions
• Hardware Utility version 1.5.10 or later, see the section Hardware Utility Version
• No SD card in the DC-MP3
• The DC-MP3 powered (see the Power Input section) and connected to the PC via one of the RS485 adapters

I'm not sure what firmware is on the DC-MP3 and I probably won't know until I can communicate with it.

I was just hoping that once I took out the SD Card and plugged in my LOR USB Adapter that the LOR Hardware Utility ver 2.1.6 will see it. It's not in a nice place to get to so I'll have to see what happens tonight. I'll try and comment tonight after my experience this afternoon....

thanks
Evan

Ok So was able to plug my USB Adapter into the DC-mp3 to set the time with the SD CARD OUT!

That part worked but, then sure enough the memory card I was using crapped out.
Is 2gb the limit of the Director card or can you pop a 4gb in it?

Just hard to find a 2GB card these days...

Thanks guys
Merry Christmas
Evan