Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR weird behavior

jim st john

I have 2 CCRs. Up until recently I had just used the macros, and everything was fine. A couple of days ago I did a flag effect with rotating red/white/blue stripes using the RGB channels in full 50-bit resolution. One of my ribbons works fine, the other displays a strange pattern of wrong colors, and uneven-sized stripes instead of evenly-spaced red white and blue segments. Both are running 1.04 firmware.

The unit that's acting up was originally running 1.03, I updated it to 1.04 and there was no change.

Any thoughts?

Also, change of topic, there has been some discussion of implementing a background color for the macros. In order to avoid needing extra channels, how about defining a macro that would 'latch' the current RGB value and use it as the background color for the macros?

If this is the first time using channels 4-150 it may be your channel settings. If they look right. I suggest you swap the unit ids on the two CCRs to see if the odd behavior moves to the other one to verify its not the settings.

I had very similar behavior until I reviewed the Channel info in the Channel Property Tool and found a mis-numbered ID in the list and a second channel with the wrong Channel ID.

I would start there...kind of a pain, I know, but once you get them right, export the channel config!!

bryandolan wrote:

I had very similar behavior until I reviewed the Channel info in the Channel Property Tool and found a mis-numbered ID in the list and a second channel with the wrong Channel ID.

I would start there...kind of a pain, I know, but once you get them right, export the channel config!!

I originally had them both set for the same address for testing, one hooked up to my display and the other on the machine I use for sequencing. I was seeing the problem then, so it's not a channel ID error as they both were running off of the same set of channels.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

If this is the first time using channels 4-150 it may be your channel settings. If they look right. I suggest you swap the unit ids on the two CCRs to see if the odd behavior moves to the other one to verify its not the settings.

Well, it gets curiouser.... The unit that is acting up had not been configured properly, it was still in it's out of the box settings (except for ID) with the 'legacy' multiple ID setup and RGBRGBRGB.... sequence.

So that makes me wonder how it was working at all, since I was using one unit ID and channels 151-157 for the macros. I wonder if a CCR in the multiple-ID mode still recognizes the 157 separate channels on the 1st ID?

Now that I have it set to single-ID mode, and RRR..GGG..BBB.. sequence, it's different but still not right. Need to do some more playing I guess. It's just a bit of a pain to see what's happening when it's outside on an arch facing the street.

Anyway, looking thru the manual for this issue got me to thinking about something else.. The manual, when talking about legacy ID mode says:
"Legacy means up to 10 sequential unit IDs depending upon the configured logical resolution. Eg if the resolution is set to 16 in legacy mode, then the ribbon will need 48 channels, or 3 consecutive unit IDs."

My question is, where are the 7 extra channels (151-157) in legacy mode? When the CCR is in legacy mode it doesn't seem to show up as multiple controllers in the network scan like the DMX controller does.

• The topic was locked