Light-O-Rama Forums

OK new problem

bdeditch

Lights went off again tonight everything was open in Task manager, but this is what I copied from the Status Log. Went in disabled shows and re enabled and it worked again. The status screen was also "shaking" until I disabled the show.

While: Open COM4 params baud=57600 parity=n data=8 stop=1 xon=off odsr=off dtr=off rts=off idsr=off
Trace: SetIntensity
Trace: HandleIO) Musical: C: Documents and SettingsBarry DeditchMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesAAA 48 Channel more solid.las
8:23:37 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Invalid procedure call or argument
Trace: XmitData
Trace: FlushCB
Trace: BlockCommit
Trace: Add IO Device) Musical: C: Documents and SettingsBarry DeditchMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesAAA 48_channel_test.las
8:23:37 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Open of serial port has failed

Error: (8002) Open of serial port has failed

Sounds like quite a meltdown. I can't blame the status screen for trembling... Have you always been this snake-bit?

Sadly. I got this too! In addition to my transmitter snafu.

Last night I installed a Vista SP2 pack. Now the show has stopped several times. Just frozen. Status window was just stuck for a long time. Had to hard reboot as system was entirely lock up.

8:08:22 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Open of serial port has failed

Error: (8005) Open of serial port has failed

Error: (8005) Port already open
While: Open COM4 params baud=57600 parity=n data=8 stop=1 xon=off odsr=off dtr=off rts=off idsr=off
Trace: SetIntensity
Trace: HandleIO) Musical: C:Program Files (x86)Light-O-RamaSequences 96 channelsLinusAndLucy.lms
8:08:22 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Open of serial port has failed

update.

TrendMicro virus scanner said LORTray.exe has or is a virus. I hit ok and it was deleted! ROUGEAV_Winsecs

Installing latest update to see what happens.

Seems like a false alarm. 2.6.0 was deleted then I installed 2.6.2 and new version was also found.

This is the day for problems. Had a lot of trouble installing new version. Vista putting stuff where it wants it and then protecting it. Had to copy extracted MSI to a non-temp folder.

Attached files 191271=10729-TrendMicroFindsLORtray.JPG

Ouch!
I have disabled the gateway on my PC so there are no updates while show is running.
I am glad I have a pc dedicated for the shows.
Sorry this doesn't really help with your problem(s) now.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Seems like a false alarm. 2.6.0 was deleted then I installed 2.6.2 and new version was also found.

This is the day for problems. Had a lot of trouble installing new version. Vista putting stuff where it wants it and then protecting it. Had to copy extracted MSI to a non-temp folder.

How come ever darn virus program is rated #1!!!!!

The only AV I really recommend is AVG by Grisoft. That said I wouldn't use any AV on a LOR show computer. You're just asking for trouble. If it's just running LOR, why install extra software to run in the background. Asssuming you're behind a router/NAT device or not connected to a network at all, why bother?