Light-O-Rama Forums

Seeing the music

Eric Nanista

When you guys program, how do you see the music spectrum or wave to know where in the song you are and where the beats are?

I hope this makes sense.

Also, on several of the songs from one person I downloaded from, channel 3 does not do anything. On the sequence there is inputs for channel 3 but no output. It does work with others I have downloaded.

If you scroll over the top bar you will see one square that says VIEW WAVE FORM click on this it will show you the music wave form

Also some people do not use all there channels for each song

Got it on the waveform.

On the channel not working, when I bring up the sequence editor, ch 3 is used in the whols song. When I hit play in the sequence editor, it lights up on screen but has no output.

thanks

I'm not sure on these sequences, but some of us use a channel for a beat, but it's not a light controlling channel. Some also use a blank channel as a separator between elements, like between sets of mini trees, etc.

Basically you have to reconfigure or rename the channels to fit your display and then move, edit or rework the sequence to your display.

It can help a lot in getting the basic elements and timings, but there still is a lot of work in making it look right for your layout and elements.

I've noticed some sequences I downloaded, when you click on the channel box, "No Controller Selected" is in the controller type, you have to set it to LOR or Dasher, or some type of physical controller.. once I do that, the channel works fine.