Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio quality of Mini Director MP3

terrypowerz

Just curious what others opinions are...

Audio quality from the mDmp3, does anyone notice "artifacts" or noise during quiet passages of songs compared with playback through WMP on a PC...???

(Ignoring output volume level of course)
I work with audio quite a bit so I am probably a bit more critical than most. :cool:

I've noticed quite a bit of what sounds like A/C line noise when the audio is quiet or during non-music animation sequences, but I've never done any real testing in the field to find out whether it's coming from the MP3 director, or the FM transmitter, or what. Flashing/dimming lots of lights at once does tend to produce audible buzzing/hum on the radio in our shows.

Jeff Sand wrote:

I've noticed quite a bit of what sounds like A/C line noise when the audio is quiet or during non-music animation sequences, but I've never done any real testing in the field to find out whether it's coming from the MP3 director, or the FM transmitter, or what. Flashing/dimming lots of lights at once does tend to produce audible buzzing/hum on the radio in our shows.

In my case this is without any controller being attached or lights being dimmed...

Just the Mini director and FM transmitter.
I know it isn't the FM transmitter... tried it with a standalone Mp3 player.

I was powering the Mini Director with an external power supply of reasonable quality, but am going to use a regulated battery source tonight to see if it improves...