Light-O-Rama Forums

1 Channel Not working while sequence running

sasmuse

I have (what I think) is a strange one. The #7 controller (out of 7) has 1 channel (#14) that will not work while the show is running or if just running a sequence. However, when I go into the Hardware Utility and test the channel it works fine. When I have the controller go through the lights, it turns on/off as it should.

The controller in question is a LOR1602w (not sure of the firmware version), and I am running the show in an HP laptop running Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1. Any ideas?

thanks,
Sally

Given that it works with the hardware utility, it sounds like there's either a conflict with another channel or else there isn't a channel assigned to that circuit in your sequences.

You may have skipped setup of that channel in your sequence while programming.

Open up the sequence in the sequence editor and on the left side of the screen click on what ever channel it is. It should say LOR Controller for device type and the unit ID and channel should be filled out.

Export the channel config and save.

Hope this is what it is, good luck

Mark

Hi Mark,
Thanks, but I checked that first (forgot to mention it). Will double check it after the show finishes tonight. With 112 channels it is entirely possible I assigned the wrong controller.

Sally

Equally important as checking to see that you have that one channel defined correctly. Make sure you do not unintentionally have another channel programmed to the same controller/channel.

Chuck

My bad! Went back and REALLY checked the controller/channel assignments and realized I had the right channel but the wrong controller. Must have looked at that setting three times and missed it each time. Thanks for making me slow down and really look at it. All is well.

Sally